Author Topic: Do you see new stores or places with HID lighting in your area?  (Read 1777 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Do you see new stores or places with HID lighting in your area? « on: September 26, 2018, 10:43:48 PM » Author: Cole D.
I noticed the new dollar store, near my house has all MH lighting outside, both the parking lot lights and wall packs on the building. I was a little surprised, because it was only built in late 2015 or 2016, that they didn't use LED. Although the parking lot fixtures are very small looking, almost look like LED, but they're definitely MH, and actually have a greened color to them. I'll have to pay attention and see if the dollar stores built in 2017 or 2018 have MH still or if they used LED now.

Also the new Publix in my town opened during 2016, and they have mostly MH fixtures on the building, but some LED floodlights. The Publix was rebuilt but they kept the MH shoebox fixtures in the parking lot. In the other town over, the new Publix opened in 2017, but in a new wing and pretty sure it also has MH fixtures on it, but the parking lot ones are all LED in the new part. The rest of the old parking lot still has round shoeboxes with MH.

But I did notice this week, that the new Verizon store that was built has LED parking lot lights. But what's a little odd is you would expect shoebox or at least your typical parking lot fixtures, but they used AEL Autobahn ATB0 cobra fixtures from Duke Energy on wooden poles instead of putting their own lights and poles. It looked really strange.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you see new stores or places with HID lighting in your area? « Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 10:57:44 PM » Author: wattMaster
But I did notice this week, that the new Verizon store that was built has LED parking lot lights. But what's a little odd is you would expect shoebox or at least your typical parking lot fixtures, but they used AEL Autobahn ATB0 cobra fixtures from Duke Energy on wooden poles instead of putting their own lights and poles. It looked really strange.
A Verizon store in Winter Park has a similar setup, but it was installed before LED was a thing. What's cool about it is, it was built before Winter Park took over the Duke Energy power lines and streetlights. It also means that there are a lot of vintage streetlights that dodged the attack of AEL 115s that happened to other areas.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Do you see new stores or places with HID lighting in your area? « Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 04:56:45 AM » Author: dor123
Here , Kiryat Ata put new 150W HPS lighting at the playground of Lilenblum street.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Do you see new stores or places with HID lighting in your area? « Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 04:33:47 PM » Author: Cole D.
I was going to get a picture of those MH lights at the dollar store, but I noticed today that they had all been switched to LED since I made this post just a few weeks ago.

Although, this week, I did see a lift truck from a local electric company parked at a nearby bank. It has those coach style lights in the parking lot (probably Cooper Traditionaires), and it looks like they relamped them. Before they looked greened out and now they put out bright white light.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 04:36:15 PM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Do you see new stores or places with HID lighting in your area? « Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 05:36:06 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Nope, not in my area.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Do you see new stores or places with HID lighting in your area? « Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 06:36:54 PM » Author: Rommie
Nope, not in my area.
Nor here :(  The local Morrisons (big grocery chain store in the UK) has HPS post tops in their car park, but that's about it around here. They've been there for years though, nowhere new in the area that I'm aware of.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you see new stores or places with HID lighting in your area? « Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 12:48:55 AM » Author: mefurd98
There's a Rural King that just opened a couple of months ago in my town that took over an old K-Mart building. Though they replaced the parking lot fixtures with LEDs, they relamped the MH fixtures over the garden area and even kept the MV lights over the front entrance and the sidewalk!
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Do you see new stores or places with HID lighting in your area? « Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 12:07:25 PM » Author: Rommie
I forgot to mention, there's a large police station across the street from us, and their car park is lit with Thorn Precinct lanterns with either 80W or 125W mercury lamps in them ;D

They've all just been relamped, too  :mv: :mv: :mv:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Do you see new stores or places with HID lighting in your area? « Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 01:41:03 PM » Author: Cole D.
I noticed the mall here replaced their parking lights with LED ones recently. I do wonder if any fixtures on the building were replaced, because there were some wall mounted fixtures that always intrigued me as a kid. I've been meaning to get photos, but I never go on that side of the mall since the Kmart store closed. I think they may be MV ones and they have round diffusers with a circular pattern on them.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies