Author Topic: Taking pictures of lights at night  (Read 1573 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Taking pictures of lights at night « on: September 29, 2018, 09:18:03 AM » Author: Cole D.
Does anyone have any suggestions on this? Because whenever I try to take pictures of lights that are lit at night, they come out glary and blurry. Am I using a wrong setting or are they just too bright to do this? If I take pictures of them in my room, they usually turn out fine though.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Taking pictures of lights at night « Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 02:51:09 PM » Author: AngryHorse
iPhones take good photos, but tend to overexpose night shots, but you can play with the settings when you have the photo, and adjust it to how you originally saw it by eye.

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Taking pictures of lights at night « Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 11:00:35 PM » Author: Cole D.
Yeah I'm using the camera on my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S3. I figured it was because of the camera.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Taking pictures of lights at night « Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 11:13:31 PM » Author: dor123
I making great night scenes without problem with my Canon SX150IS:
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=2230
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 06:46:34 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Taking pictures of lights at night « Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 10:20:05 AM » Author: dor123
See my pictures of the landscape of Tiberias from Ein-Gev resort village: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-150760

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies