Author Topic: History of Street Lighting in the United States article on Wikipedia  (Read 1230 times)
tpirman1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Westinghouse OV25 Silverliners are classical!

david.frangioso
History of Street Lighting in the United States article on Wikipedia « on: September 30, 2018, 08:50:27 PM » Author: tpirman1982
I am pleased to announce that I've been contributing my best pictures of street lights to this article on Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_street_lighting_in_the_United_States
My picture contributions can be found under "List of streetlight manufacturers and fixtures". Before, there weren't any pictures on that page until I decided to contribute.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:52:36 PM by tpirman1982 » Logged

My street light gallery is located at
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/tpirman1982/index.html

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: History of Street Lighting in the United States article on Wikipedia « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 12:36:15 AM » Author: dor123
I think that it is also better to rewrite the article itself, as it is completely not written as an encyclopedic article, as the messages on its top would suggests.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: History of Street Lighting in the United States article on Wikipedia « Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 05:30:27 AM » Author: dor123
Update: I had to revert tpirman1982 pictures, as well as to delete the entire list of lanterns and manufacturers from the article, After I reached a conclusion that these aren't considered an encyclopedic information, but a fan made content.
@tpirman1982: You can post your pictures here and on GoL, but not in Wikipedia, since Wikipedia isn't a lighting community or lighting FANDOM.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 05:07:19 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies