Author Topic: Who Likes The Ovx  (Read 10632 times)
gmercury2000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who Likes The Ovx « Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 12:24:38 PM » Author: gmercury2000

Geoff I dare you to make one of the OVX near you hold a sag lens!

The problem is all those are owned by the state!
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Who Likes The Ovx « Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 01:13:38 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
I am not talking about the ones owned by the state, im talking about the MV ones in our electric company, like the one in my old town at a Church private property on a 4 foot upsweep....one on I-175 near Fort Meade on a 10 foot truss...OH there's one just right at your storage place!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

form109
Re: Who Likes The Ovx « Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 03:05:16 AM » Author: form109
the ovx is susposed to be the only small fixture capable of 400 watt lamps.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Who Likes The Ovx « Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 04:04:19 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Actually L-150 and OVS had em ....and for a short time GE offered GE M-250R2s with 400 watt HPS

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

gmercury2000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who Likes The Ovx « Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 12:14:19 PM » Author: gmercury2000
I am not talking about the ones owned by the state, im talking about the MV ones in our electric company, like the one in my old town at a Church private property on a 4 foot upsweep....one on I-175 near Fort Meade on a 10 foot truss...OH there's one just right at your storage place!

Yeah I know which one you are talking about by the storage. Odly enough the day I made the post in here I got to work that night and there was an OVX in the scrap box. Didnt look like there was anything wrong with it.
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Who Likes The Ovx « Reply #20 on: January 01, 2009, 02:45:48 PM » Author: FGS
Save the OVX! I used to think of them as ugly but as I got used to them, I started liking them. How many watts is the lamp and what lamp it is in the OVX?

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

gmercury2000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who Likes The Ovx « Reply #21 on: January 01, 2009, 04:42:45 PM » Author: gmercury2000
It's gone, it was a 250w HPS. I can't really save all the fixtures that come back. Most of the fixtures I have or give away are ones I have had in my collection for a while. I only say this because I wont risk my job over a light plus I dont think they would appreciate me asking for everything I see. I enjoy my hobby but I have to put that behind me at work. Trust me I see lots of stuff I would love to save but that is not my job.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 04:45:45 PM by gmercury2000 » Logged
form109
Re: Who Likes The Ovx « Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 09:38:23 PM » Author: form109
hey,geoff are you allowed to take pictures of the light at work?
gmercury2000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who Likes The Ovx « Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 10:58:29 PM » Author: gmercury2000
I can take pic's but I'm not gonna save everything. Trust me my job isn't worth a streetlight 8)
Mercury Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who Likes The Ovx « Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 12:08:55 AM » Author: Mercury Man
I like the OVXes.  I like them for residential streetlighting applications.  I think they are a nice design.  They may not be appropriate for secondary or primary road lighting, but as far as new luminaires are concerned, I think they are o.k. looking. I prefer them over the GE M250R2, which is also a popular residential lume.
mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

Re: Who Likes The Ovx « Reply #25 on: February 08, 2009, 10:27:14 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
I like the refractors to them.

Same stuff, Different Day!

form109
Re: Who Likes The Ovx « Reply #26 on: February 08, 2009, 10:32:22 PM » Author: form109
yeah,the refractors are the same as the ones on the OV-15's.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Who Likes The Ovx « Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 09:08:07 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Since we all are talking about OVX...why don't we talk about it in this pic I've noticed people like them in colors too!

Around here I have seen them in bronze (brown), grey, black....

KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who Likes The Ovx « Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 02:11:04 AM » Author: KEDER
The ovx is fine, there more common in Denver than other places. plus i have a pic of an OVX dayburning! (well it isn't anymore, and now its on a traffic signal!)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Who Likes The Ovx « Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 03:51:40 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
There is a MILLIONS of OVX (mostly FCO) in Maryland owned by the STATE of MD!

BGE and PEPCO has some OVX but only in Mercury vapor, none in HPS!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies