Author Topic: What kind of outdoor or security lighting do you have?  (Read 1678 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
What kind of outdoor or security lighting do you have? « on: October 17, 2018, 09:35:57 PM » Author: Cole D.
My house has regular light fixtures and some solar path lights outside. Plus it has those double PAR floods, one shining toward the driveway and one toward the back yard. I'd like to have a post mounted light, either a NEMA head or cobra head fixture, but my parents wouldn't allow it I'm sure. Although, I remember at my old house they had a MV yardblaster in the back yard.

Most of my neighbors have those PAR or LED flood lights on their houses. One house down the street has a really cool setup. They have a pole in front of their garage. It had an HPS NEMA head, but in the last year or two they disconnected it, but left it on the pole. They added two HPS flood lights after that. What's odd is they're all commercial utility grad fixtures but they aren't rentals, because the power line is attached to the garage.

Another house on my street also has a pole with two HPS floods. I believe they are GE ones, and they must not be rentals because they seem to be powered via underground lines and usually aren't switched on. It's been a long time since I've seen them on.

One other house on my street has a fancy post with an acorn light on it. I believe it's incandescent... Some houses in my neighborhood, I can think of one or two have mercury vapor post top lights. I'm not sure the make but I think could be older GEs, P17M or P16M. I can think of three houses with those style fixtures. At least two of them are in use at night too.  :)

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What kind of outdoor or security lighting do you have? « Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 12:19:26 AM » Author: dor123
My current hostel, have two wall fixtures with E27 base, one have a CFL and one have a LED lamp. It also have a wall fixture with a built in PC for PL-S 11W. The nearby hostel have also wall fixtures with PC and PL-S 11W, but they are all have EOL lamps with a stuck starters.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of outdoor or security lighting do you have? « Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 03:22:30 AM » Author: mefurd98
I have 3 MV yardblasters: 2 attatched to a pole (one in front of the barn and the other next to the garage) and the other on the back side of the house near the porch. There is also an HPS yardblaster in the back yard. Around the house we have 150w halogen floodlights and all of them are Regent models from 1997 when the house was built. At the end of the driveway, we have 2-100w incandescent post lights along with a 150w HPS NEMA head fixture on a utility pole. And lastly, we have a Heath-Zenith 70w HPS area light on the front of a pole barn that has an LED retrofit bulb in it until I can replace the ballast. (Yes, I have a huge yard! ;D )
boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of outdoor or security lighting do you have? « Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 01:39:59 PM » Author: boiler1011
I try to make the house less attractive to bad guys through the use of landscape flood lighting. I also have very bright orange cob LED retrofits in the exterior coach lights, and the LPS in the garage which shines through the windows. Here is an older pic from before I put up the LPS.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What kind of outdoor or security lighting do you have? « Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 06:24:38 PM » Author: Rommie
Unfortunately, the outside lighting here is very poor, there is only one small fitting outside the main door to the block, which is fine if you're standing right outside the door, but there is a passageway from there to the street alongside the building which is completely unlit  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of outdoor or security lighting do you have? « Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 06:41:02 PM » Author: Danny
70w SON thorn Beta 79 on the front (which has started cycling tonight coincidentally)

2x8w T5 Sign light lighting up the street name plate on my fence

Philips MI36 / XGS104 55w SOX lighting the side of the house and part of the large garden

Philips NGX018 18w SOX bulkhead lighting the back of the garden
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies