Author Topic: is it possible ?  (Read 1071 times)
RyanKorponay12

View Posts
View Gallery

Ryan Korponay The Ballaster
is it possible ? « on: November 02, 2018, 11:54:52 AM » Author: RyanKorponay12
would it be possible to run a hps lamp on a H39 ballast? i would have to wire in a igniter

The Ballaster!!! *Poof*...

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: is it possible ? « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 11:57:44 AM » Author: dor123
HPS lamps requires an ignitor. But H39 is for 175W MV lamps.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: is it possible ? « Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 07:25:14 AM » Author: Medved
It depends on the exact ballast characteristics. The CWA would yield bad thermal stability (it maintains the current constant over a wide mains and load voltage ranges, so hotter arctube with higher arc voltage yields higher power delivered to the arc, so makes the tube even hotter),, HX may work (current is sloping down when the arc voltage rises), but it may overheat (S56 has lower voltage drop than the H39, what means higher secondary currents, so higher power dissipation in the ballast).
But you would have to find a superimposed ignitor, which is either very rare breed or not used at all in the US/CA area.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies