Author Topic: Are the yellow wires on 2x20 trigger start ballasts isolated from the mains?  (Read 1518 times)
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Are the yellow wires on 2x20 trigger start ballasts isolated from the mains? « on: November 02, 2018, 08:41:43 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I want to power 2 F20T12 lamps on a single lamp magnetic F40T12 RS ballast. Would the yellow wires of a 2x20 TS ballast work as a cathode heating source (without making anything go boom)?

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are the yellow wires on 2x20 trigger start ballasts isolated from the mains? « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 09:08:37 PM » Author: funkybulb
with F40 rapid  start ballast for 1 lamp

you can power both lamps using to two FS2
starter and wire them in preheat circuit
 and use one lead on both end of ballast
 leaving one of red and blue wire off
  cause your preheating both lamps in series

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Are the yellow wires on 2x20 trigger start ballasts isolated from the mains? « Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 09:35:53 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
But is the yellow wire cathode heating on 2x20 ballasts isolated from the input power?

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Are the yellow wires on 2x20 trigger start ballasts isolated from the mains? « Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 12:49:10 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Why not just use the 2xF20 ballast as intended?

If you want to use a 1xF40 ballast to run a pair of F20's (and keep it RS) your best bet would be to use a separate transformer for the yellows

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies