Author Topic: Incandescent Lamp production discontined, Righi Licht AG Switzerland closes down  (Read 1849 times)
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Incandescent Lamp production discontined, Righi Licht AG Switzerland closes down « on: November 08, 2018, 06:31:10 AM » Author: Michael
Hi everyone,

Just had a long conversation with the owner of the very last incandescent lamp manufacturer RIGHI LICHT AG in Switzerland (and probably Europe). They stopped allready the production of lamps and now they are selling off their stock.

The reason of closure is the goverment which does not allow the production of such illegal lamps - even not as as a museum or association. This means that all the historical machines are going to be scraped if they are not able to sell them abroad and the knowledge of skilled handcraft is lost for ever.

Really sad to announce that!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Incandescent Lamp production discontined, Righi Licht AG Switzerland closes down « Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 06:48:48 AM » Author: dor123
This shows how much the current government in the European Union is totalitarian. Not surprising why when the EU won the 2012 Nobel Piece Prize, some former laureates disputed the award, claiming that the EU is "clearly not a champion of peace": http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11/30/desmond-tutu-2-other-nobel-peace-prize-laureates-contest-2012-winner-choice-eu

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Incandescent Lamp production discontined, Righi Licht AG Switzerland closes down « Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 09:26:51 AM » Author: Michael
But Switzerland is not EU! However they did adopt the regulation.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Incandescent Lamp production discontined, Righi Licht AG Switzerland closes down « Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 10:45:27 AM » Author: dor123
I didn't know that Switzerland isn't part of Europe.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Incandescent Lamp production discontined, Righi Licht AG Switzerland closes down « Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 01:10:02 PM » Author: Michael
It is in Europe but the country does not belongs to the community.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Incandescent Lamp production discontined, Righi Licht AG Switzerland closes down « Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 01:33:24 PM » Author: Rommie
It is in Europe but the country does not belongs to the community.
And soon we will not either, can't come too soon for me. Oh dear getting political, I'd better shut up  :-\

So sad this is happening, they made wonderful lamps, I'm glad you sent me some, Michael  :)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Incandescent Lamp production discontined, Righi Licht AG Switzerland closes down « Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 01:13:32 AM » Author: Silverliner
What a shame Righi Licht AG is closing down! I'm glad you sent me some of their bulbs, many thanks for that! Perhaps they could have shifted production to LED filament lamps, but not sure if a small company can afford to do so. In the USA Ledvance retooled two plants to make LED filament lamps so they can stay in operation beyond the halogen ban.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 01:17:00 AM by Silverliner » Logged

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Incandescent Lamp production discontined, Righi Licht AG Switzerland closes down « Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 04:27:48 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
I am sad to hear this.  Change is inevitable.  We don't have to like it though. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies