Author Topic: Obstruction Light Wanted  (Read 2101 times)
SG197981

View Posts
View Gallery

Obstruction Light Wanted « on: November 08, 2018, 11:54:02 PM » Author: SG197981
Lately, I have been developing an interest in obstruction lighting, so I am looking for the large red beacon, in which two lamps are in use. I'm new to these lighting fixtures in general, as I am more familar with traffic signals. I do understand the wattage is higher, so could you wire one to standard house current? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

-Steven
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Obstruction Light Wanted « Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 06:34:44 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Yes they do work on standard 110v, mine has 2-620 watt lamps in it . Mine is a  300MM beacon made by TWR Lighting they can be found readily on eBay (usually expensive) they're also made by several other companies and look very similar to each other. I found mine last winter at an antique show nearby and paid only $100 for it It's currently wired to a B-KON brand 30fpm flasher that I got off eBay (don't remember the model number of the flasher) Hope this helps a little!!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies