Author Topic: Bathroom Globe Lights In Enclosed Globe Fixture?  (Read 1312 times)
Steele1992

View Posts
View Gallery

Bathroom Globe Lights In Enclosed Globe Fixture? « on: November 09, 2018, 06:16:03 PM » Author: Steele1992
Are standard incandescent 60w globe lights okay to use in a glass globe fixture?

I collect exit signs, preferably vintage ones.

I also have a little bit of a thing for light bulbs, too. Of course, hoarding them due to the incandescent bulb ban.

(Signature last updated October 27, 2011)

Steele1992

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bathroom Globe Lights In Enclosed Globe Fixture? « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 05:25:06 PM » Author: Steele1992
Anyone?

I also have a little bit of a thing for light bulbs, too. Of course, hoarding them due to the incandescent bulb ban.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bathroom Globe Lights In Enclosed Globe Fixture? « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 10:23:21 PM » Author: sol
Do you mean using « Fat Albert » lamps in enclosed fixtures ? If so, and if the fixture globe has a fitter large enough to let the lamp through, I don’t see a problem provided you don’t exceed the fixture maximum wattage.
Steele1992

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bathroom Globe Lights In Enclosed Globe Fixture? « Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 10:27:23 PM » Author: Steele1992
Well the max wattage is 60w, these are old fixtures. But 60w incandescent is too dim, but the 60w bathroom lights give off more light. That was the idea, since 75w would be a overload/fire hazard.

But, I wanted to use the old milk glass shades that were on the fixtures in the 70s that I found out in the garage, and a 75w incandescent bulb would break them from the heat expansion/contraction.  So I found out that I'd have to get these LED bulbs which are 75w soft white and rated for full enclosed fixtures to be able to do what i want to do: https://www.bulbs.com/product/L11A19D2530K?RefId=375

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies