Author Topic: Well its official. FM 2920 is now LED.  (Read 2228 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Well its official. FM 2920 is now LED. « on: November 17, 2018, 11:44:52 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Well, since today, I saw crews working on replacing the traffic lighting and the intersection lighting, and I didn't ask because before they had police there, and I didn't want to get in trouble. And my parents wouldn't let me have the HPS streetlights that they're taking down. I was tempted to ask a crew member to have two or one of the HPS streetlights, but since they're police, I didn't bother, so I'm disappointed that I didn't get any. And after the installation, (and I did seen these new LEDs at night) they failed! lol   At least some of them! lol  ::)

So they probably do this at weekends, when theres no or hardly ever traffic on the main roadways. So they still have the HPS fixtures in the downtown Tomball area. I may have a second chance on probably getting a Cooper OVW, or an AEL 115. Now why the AEL 115? Because it has a leveler on the bottom, so I may get two or one. So I'll have to see. And if I do, you'll see the pics on LG, and GoL. :)

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Well its official. FM 2920 is now LED. « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 10:04:43 AM » Author: Cole D.
Streetlights aren't something I've had any luck procuring either. I never see crews changing them out, they just appear. Although I doubt my parents wouldn't let me have any either. Yet I do have that GE 201SA NEMA head so I'm happy with that.

One day I'd like to get an AEL 115, I like them because they are the most common new streetlight I see here. The GE M-250R2s seem to get changed out for it usually. Though on the highway, the AEL 125 seem to be used to replace GE M-400A2 Powr/Doors or Cooper OVF FCO if they fail.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Well its official. FM 2920 is now LED. « Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 06:17:04 PM » Author: funkybulb
Lightinglover

I can Keep eye out for both OVW  and AEL 115
and few others.  i can Dig though Tex dot scrap
at scrap yard that I go to.  if you ever visit San Antonio
area .

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Well its official. FM 2920 is now LED. « Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 10:24:32 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: lightinglover8902
So they probably do this at weekends, when theres no or hardly ever traffic on the main roadways.
What?  ???
Hardly any traffic on weekends? :o
You must be out in a place with nothing around or something .LOL.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Well its official. FM 2920 is now LED. « Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 10:28:28 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
What?  ???
Hardly any traffic on weekends? :o
You must be out in a place with nothing around or something .LOL.

Well, they're lots of places near me. But usually if its perfect weather, and less traffic conditions, they'll do the change out with the traffic lights and the streetlights, which lights up the intersection.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Well its official. FM 2920 is now LED. « Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 11:18:16 PM » Author: M250R201SA
Never be afraid to ask for used streetlights.  Cops cannot arrest you for standing in a public area waiting to talk to a lineman.  The most the lineman can do is say Nope.  In Illinois, our utility sells old fixtures for scrap at $40 a piece whether they work or not.  But many utilities will give you an old fixture.  And with the LED Switchovers being so aggressive, many of the fixtures replaced are not that old. 

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies