Author Topic: They fixed it already!  (Read 1728 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
They fixed it already! « on: November 30, 2018, 10:59:08 PM » Author: Cole D.
So I saw a street light near a cul-de-sac that was dayburning since maybe a week or so. It's a GE M-250R2 in HPS. Sometimes I notice a Duke Energy bucket truck will just be sitting at the cul-de-sac taking a break I guess, since there's nothing in the cul-de-sac. Well this morning, it was dayburning but this afternoon the Duke Energy truck was parked there again and the light was off. So I figured they must have seen it was dayburning while they were sitting there so they changed the photocell.

It's odd they fixed it so fast, yet I had seen a Westinghouse 4th gen OV-25 HPS that's dayburning for months, plus an American Electric 15-000 MV that's also been dayburning for about a year they haven't fixed. But yet their service entrance is right down the street from that American Electric that's dayburning. lol

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

They fixed it already ! « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 08:00:20 PM » Author: sol
Maybe someone reported it. There are some lighting non-enthusiasts who do report day burners.

Here, if a utility employee notices a day burner or a malfunctioning street light, they have to report it just like the public does. Then the power company issues a service ticket for the repair. They never have permission to just stop at a street light and repair it at their own initiative. The only "exception" is if they are up in the pole anyway on other business, then they deal with it at that time. I guess it has to do with liability issues. Furthermore, with GPS technology in their vehicles, management would notice the unscheduled stop if it were to happen.

Depending on the location of a bad street light (or rental "area" light), they need traffic control, signage to go with it and all that jazz. It takes upwards of 20 minutes to set up, 5 minutes to change a lamp and PC, and 20 minutes to put away. Again, liability issues.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: They fixed it already! « Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 10:28:29 PM » Author: Cole D.
This light is on a cul-de-sac that has nothing on it, and most of the properties in the areas around it are businesses. So I was a little surprised anyone reported it. But whoever drives that bucket truck seems to like to park there under that light often it seems.

That makes sense too, why they don't often fix dayburning lights that are on busy roads.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies