Author Topic: Is a Regent HPS bucket light worth getting?  (Read 188 times)
Cole D.

View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Is a Regent HPS bucket light worth getting? « on: December 04, 2018, 09:30:26 PM » Author: Cole D.
So I thought about getting a Regent HPS bucket light. It's one of those white metal ones with built in photocell. It would cost me about $25, and it's used but has the box. I mostly want to get it because I don't have an HPS fixture and it's only 70W so I could run it in my room and not waste too much power. Plus it's relatively small and easy to store.

I thought about get a GE 201SA HPS but I already have a MV one and it's hard to find that or any other NEMA head in the lower 50 or 70W. One day I hope to get a cobra head but it can't happen right now. The Regent mini bucket should be easier to store too.

So what do you guys think? I know the ballast in these weren't that good, at least I heard the MV ones weren't with underdriven lamps, etc.
wide-lite 1000

View Gallery

Re: Is a Regent HPS bucket light worth getting? « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 09:44:37 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
If you want it ,have room for it and can afford it GO FOR IT! assuming it works, not everyone has the room or cash for a cobra, large or small. how many times i've seen a fixture and thought "COOL, but where the (...) am I gonna put it?" HOWEVER, if you can't live without it, GET IT! figure the rest out later
Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines