Author Topic: eBay has been blocked off in China  (Read 4419 times)
Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

jiachao.wei.71 chao_813975447 UChyTpXvlQ8ZCfBPP_lJjubg chao990613
eBay has been blocked off in China « on: December 08, 2018, 10:58:23 PM » Author: Men of God
Today,When I searched on eBay,I saw  I can't  surfing it, Why they do this? That's very angry, it's just a shopping website .Not long ago, the government had blocked off Japanese Amazon, I don't understand why they did it. It's amazing. What do the members think?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 02:17:56 AM by Men of God » Logged

我不会英文,所以我用中文,请你们用翻译网站翻译我打的字!

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 11:07:38 PM » Author: Men of God
There was an error, and suddenly it opened up again .But I did not open the time before, and then APP gave me a hint, as shown in the picture.

But the Japanese Amazon was blocked by the Chinese government, which is absolutely true, I do not understand why to do so .
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 11:15:54 PM by Men of God » Logged

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 11:04:46 PM » Author: 589
Possibly something the government doesn't like is for sale on amazon? Things like this happen here in the US and other places as well, just more covertly. The internet should be an open forum for people to freely share information regardless of its authenticity or accuracy, without control of any government or power. This allows the truth to come forward and be known since it cannot be censored or twisted as easily. I would rather bear the weight of truth than live a seemingly lightweight lie filled life. Knowing the truth helps me set a more meaningful and successful path for my life as well as for my children. Therefore the government should have no business censoring internet content, they are trying to change or create their own truth to suit their own agenda. In the end the citizens will bear the weight of the consequences of the lies that were propagated by the government for the citizens "benefit". It is only a matter of time for this to happen unless enough of the citizens of such a country were to learn of such lies and intervene in some way.

In short, your government wishes for you to continue living a lie, so they hide the truth from you. Many governments do this.

:lps:

Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 09:49:40 AM » Author: Men of God

This is our government's so-called "foolish people" policy. There are strict keyword auditing agencies in China, and they also transmit to us from an early age the idea of "American imperialism will never die". So now most of the Chinese people are restricted by the wall. As long as they express a little unsatisfactory opinion to the government in this auditing body, they will be immediately deleted and sealed. 。 Fortunately, the United States has now listed GFW as a trade barrier, which also makes most of the Chinese people more supportive of the United States in this smokeless war. Now the wall-turning technology used in China is basically provided by the United States, and the Internet technology is also invented by the United States. It is said that the wall has weakened and needs to be updated urgently, but our government can not. Master the core technology, so the wall will eventually collapse. Now most of our Chinese people hope that the US government and the international community will unite to exert pressure on the Chinese government to dismantle the virtual wall so that Chinese people can freely access the latest news at home and abroad on the internet! uuuuuuuu

But I wish that is true…

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/04/asia/china-internet-censorship-2019-intl/index.html
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 06:15:21 PM by Men of God » Logged

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 05:47:40 PM » Author: marcopete87
I'm sorry about China censorship...
I'm thinking about something about in response to actual commercial war between USA and the rest of the world, included China.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 02:57:07 AM by marcopete87 » Logged
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 08:37:24 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I think you're NOT supposed to talk about politics here on this website.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 08:39:26 PM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 02:29:49 AM » Author: dor123
I'm sorry about China censorship...
I'm thinking about something about in response to some Trump's fools on trade (which have side effects in all world).
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/index.php?topic=4938.0

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 06:46:23 PM » Author: 589
Good call folks

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 11:40:26 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
So this post needs to be removed immediately, before anyone tries to go at it.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 02:57:20 AM » Author: marcopete87
edited the post.
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 07:47:50 AM » Author: FGS
A snippet of the rule Doron has linked. “This is just a reminder to everyone that political talk is not permitted here. An exception to this is if it pertains to LIGHTING.”

It’s likely the OP was searching for lighting related items when he got blocked by the Chinese Firewall. So whatever politics is involved is permitted per the rules to be discussed so no need for self-censoring. ;)

If he wasn’t. It’s still lighting related since most of us use eBay to buy lights and such. And having eBay blocked by any governement is detrimental to our hobby.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #11 on: December 29, 2018, 08:43:39 AM » Author: 589
Ok good, I guess I’ll refine my post here and say something I think we all can agree on. No government or power should have by business meddling in the internet, especially when it comes to meddling with websites that we are looking at lighting stuff on.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #12 on: December 30, 2018, 02:19:48 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
We can say that all we want. Doesn't change the fact that governments will serve their own interests whether we like it or not. Ofcourse they have no buissness in 99% of the things they get their nose in... But they'll do it anyway.. Because their arse holes!

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #13 on: January 01, 2019, 03:12:22 AM » Author: takemorepills
This thread shouldn't be interpreted as violation of forum policy.

To do so would be tantamount to the same kind of rationalized censorship that is affecting "Men of God".

It is a fact that China censors it's people. I lived in China for more than 6 years.

Sometimes, when we don't hear from "Men of God" I worry that the GFW has blocked him from accessing this site.

I don't know if Men of God is using a VPN, but I heard that Chinese authorities will begin disabling VPNs too. It is possible that some day he can't communicate with us.

Men of God is a fellow enthusiast and our friend, so we should be aware of the situation.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 03:14:22 AM by takemorepills » Logged
Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 02:10:51 AM » Author: Men of God
谢谢大家对我的关心和支持,让我很感动,我很好,只是最近实在是没有图片可以分享了,这个网站使用Mac不加https会打不开,但是我相信它暂时没有被GFWed,不过我会继续关注大家的动态的!

Thank you for your concern and support. I am very touched. I am very good, but there are no pictures to share recently. This website can not be opened without Mac and https, but I believe it is not GFWed for the time being, but I will continue to pay attention to your developments!  :D

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies