Author Topic: Do you collect other things besides lighting??  (Read 33934 times)
mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « on: December 19, 2018, 06:52:56 AM » Author: mefurd98
Do you strictly collect lighting or do you collect other things as well? For me it would be lighting, video games, retail related stuff, and fire extinguishers. My largest collections would definitely be lighting and video games, and I've been collecting the lighting the longest.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 08:53:39 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
I collect fire alarms, and other electrical stuff.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 09:40:56 AM » Author: funkybulb
I collect insulators, vintage electrical items,  mostly it lighting.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 02:23:24 PM » Author: paintballer22
In addition to lighting I also collect high voltage insulators and some electrical odds and ends.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 02:46:30 PM » Author: dor123
I collecting old power splitter, power strips and cables. I've a yellowed DJG triple power strip with flat pins , and a Volex computer power cable with flat pins . Both found in the storage of Carmel hospital

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 03:16:26 PM » Author: sol
I collect keys and cylinders, as well as writing instruments, chiefly vintage Staedtler Mars Micro mechanical pencils.
boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 05:13:57 PM » Author: boiler1011
Lighting is probably my lightest interest (if you'll pardon the pun.) I am more deeply interested in aviation, weather, and outdoor warning sirens.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 05:22:16 PM » Author: Cole D.
Besides lighting items, I like to collect electric fans, video games and electrical parts (mostly vintage).

I also have interest in weather as well and the Weather Channel, plus I use a simulator to make Weather Channel forecasts sometimes.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 01:06:46 AM » Author: mefurd98
Besides lighting items, I like to collect electric fans, video games and electrical parts (mostly vintage).

I also have interest in weather as well and the Weather Channel, plus I use a simulator to make Weather Channel forecasts sometimes.

Cool! I've always been interested in weather as well. I give credit to Hurricane Katrina for sparking my interest.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #9 on: December 20, 2018, 01:36:52 PM » Author: suzukir122
Much like Boiler1011, I also have an interest in outdoor warning sirens... but only tornado sirens though. Especially sirens
like Whelen 3016's and Whelen 4004's, during severe/supercell thunderstorms. I'll never be collecting them though.

For me, it's bikes. I'm starting a small collection of motorcycles. I'm already an owner of one, but I'm saving up for
another, and then also another a little after that. I've literally halted all purchases of potential new lighting for my apartment
because of this idea. As soon as I purchase my second bike, I'll be temporarily bringing in more lighting, before I begin saving up
for the third bike.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #10 on: December 24, 2018, 02:22:29 AM » Author: mefurd98
Much like Boiler1011, I also have an interest in outdoor warning sirens... but only tornado sirens though. Especially sirens
like Whelen 3016's and Whelen 4004's, during severe/supercell thunderstorms. I'll never be collecting them though.

For me, it's bikes. I'm starting a small collection of motorcycles. I'm already an owner of one, but I'm saving up for
another, and then also another a little after that. I've literally halted all purchases of potential new lighting for my apartment
because of this idea. As soon as I purchase my second bike, I'll be temporarily bringing in more lighting, before I begin saving up
for the third bike.
There is a siren on the edge of our land that is by Whelen, but I don't know what model it is. It also doubles as a nuclear plant warning siren. They tested it the other day and scared me half to death!
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #11 on: December 24, 2018, 03:40:52 AM » Author: suzukir122
Ahh... I'd have to hear it in order for me to *attempt* to identify what the siren you're talking about is.
But since there are many, many different types of outdoor sirens out there, I would more than likely be incorrect.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #12 on: December 24, 2018, 04:53:29 AM » Author: Jovan
Do you strictly collect lighting or do you collect other things as well? For me it would be lighting, video games, retail related stuff, and fire extinguishers. My largest collections would definitely be lighting and video games, and I've been collecting the lighting the longest.
Yes i collect starters and ballast,in rare cases lamps.
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #13 on: December 26, 2018, 10:29:02 PM » Author: takemorepills
I used to collect old-school audio electronics.

Recently I sold most all of it on eBay when I realized my family would just recycle it if I die. Didn't get as much money as I would have thought!

I still have 2 very old-school, high-end Pioneer audio receivers (SX-1050 and SX-636) old JVC high end cassette deck, Technics turntable, Bose speakers, Pioneer HPM-100's. I have also restored all of them except for the speakers.

I guess, I also "collect" vinyl records and cassettes, but not seriously. I just buy whatever I like and play it on my old equipment. Oddly, they still press new albums for this stuff, and even more oddly you can still get new releases on cassette. I recently bought a cassette, Guardians of the Galaxy, and strangely enough, it sounds quite good on my old JVC deck! Oh, and my Mom gave me all of her old albums recently, Tina Turner, Prince, Police, Fleetwood Mac, etc, about 40 albums.

I found that maintaining my current collection of gear aforementioned is more than enough work, and instead of hoarding everything else, I put the other stuff up to auction to let others enjoy it. I don't collect any more since then.

Oh, and I do collect traffic signals (2 is all I have these days) but they are kind of "lighting"
Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 05:18:39 AM » Author: Alex
Hello
I do also collect old industrial electric stuff. Old Contactors, Relais, Switches, Pushbutton Pilot-Lights, Light switches, plug and plug sockets, KWh meters, also other analoge electric metering (Current, Voltage, Powerfactor, Frequency etc)

Glück auf ⚒️

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies