Author Topic: Are V-TAC led bulbs with SAMSUNG chip or not  (Read 1637 times)
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Are V-TAC led bulbs with SAMSUNG chip or not « on: January 02, 2019, 02:31:41 PM » Author: Jovan
Hello to everyone and Happy new year.I bought few new LED bulbs from V TAC and on box is written 5 years warranty.They have SAMSUNG chips,on older ones i saw that they died or started flickering after few months.For now they work very well without flickering.What you think are they piece of junk or they are better with SAMSUNG chip ?
UPDATE:After many years of work and since posting this topic all Samsung LED bulbs are working like new.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 06:42:03 PM by Jovan » Logged
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Are V-TAC led bulbs with SAMSUNG chip or not « Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 01:49:01 AM » Author: dor123
The flickering isn't related to the LEDs being Samsung or some cheap Chinese ones, but to the driver inside the lamp. Some LED drivers have flicker free light, some drivers produces 100hz flickering, and some produces a flickering at a random frequency.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are V-TAC led bulbs with SAMSUNG chip or not « Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 03:34:50 AM » Author: Medved
Flickering at random frequency is a ballast (driver) fault. There is no reason for that.
100/120Hz (depends on whether the mains is 50 or 60Hz) flicker depends whether there is a tank capacitor or not. Its use means comfortable flicker free light, but these components have principally limited lifetime, mainly at elevated temperature, so are very likely the weakest point in the terms of the life time (the design is a trade off between the size, cost and the desired lifetime to be made).
So when the ballast does not use these, it has good chance to last extremely long (when the thing is properly designed in the rest of the thing), just the users should accept the 100 or 120Hz flicker.

No more selfballasted c***

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are V-TAC led bulbs with SAMSUNG chip or not « Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 09:43:49 AM » Author: Jovan
The flickering isn't related to the LEDs being Samsung or some cheap Chinese ones, but to the driver inside the lamp. Some LED drivers have flicker free light, some drivers produces 100hz flickering, and some produces a flickering at a random frequency.
Yes i saw that on older V TAC lamps which is quite uncomfortable.I wasn´t able to answer on time because my computer was not working.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies