Author Topic: Utility Pole Database  (Read 1594 times)
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Utility Pole Database « on: January 13, 2019, 07:40:25 PM » Author: wattMaster
What do you think of my idea to make a database, but for utility poles? It can also have regular light poles too. I already have some code for a basic version, but it's hard to use right now.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Utility Pole Database « Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 03:11:00 AM » Author: Medved
I don't know how in your area, but for recent 5+ years the utility poles and their database here in most cities are part as emergency response system, designed to help callers precisely locate the position of the accident and prevent confusions.
The thing is, each pole (or similar thing) has its unique (for the area) ID number, these are shown in the navigation maps and systems of the ER and the only thing the operator has to ask for precise location is the number of the closest pole.

No more selfballasted c***

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Utility Pole Database « Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 11:12:30 PM » Author: Cole D.
I think the poles here from Duke have a number tag on each one, but I hadn't looked close enough to see. I know when you report a streetlight for service you can give the pole number.

Now the co-op here has a small number on the poles too, but they're just individual numbers and not a tag.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies