Author Topic: Amber Coloured LED Streetlights  (Read 2230 times)
merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Amber Coloured LED Streetlights « on: February 10, 2019, 02:09:55 PM » Author: merc
See Osram Lighting Solutions - News
With the modernization to LED technology and the ban on most conventional ballasts valid since this year, this light color has almost completely disappeared from the product catalogue of most manufacturers. The OSRAM company Siteco is now adding orange-colored light to a part of its LED outdoor luminaire portfolio because this offers significant advantages in certain areas compared to the familiar white light of LED technology.
They're Ra8=57, 1750K and less than 80lm/W. That probably means heavily phosphored blue LEDs.
White LEDs definitely make sense (ultimate efficacy, good CRI) but why not keep sodium lights at those places that need amber/orange light. ??? They're more efficient than those "amber" LED street lights.
Looks like manufacturers need to make some money. The market with white LED street lights is now probably satisfied. Well... hey, why not make some places orange again?
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Amber Coloured LED Streetlights « Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 02:40:49 PM » Author: Cole D.
What are they saying by ballast ban? Are HPS ballast banned in Europe?

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: Amber Coloured LED Streetlights « Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 02:14:21 PM » Author: merc
What are they saying by ballast ban? Are HPS ballast banned in Europe?
Couldn't find any info about this regulation. I remember something was planned for this year but haven't heard about it for years.
Osram official website wouldn't probably lie on that just to sell more amber LED street lights. But you must understand what the most means if written by a marketing person. ;)
lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Amber Coloured LED Streetlights « Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 05:37:39 PM » Author: lights*plus
Can't be just a ballast ban. Electronic T8 or T5 ballasts are in every single mall & office room. Core & coil ballast ban maybe, and likely in the EU.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Amber Coloured LED Streetlights « Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 10:29:38 PM » Author: dor123
These Amber colored LED streetlights are a fraud. What is their adventure over HPS and LPS lighting? They have much lower efficiency than the latter, and the latter are much more environment friendly in terms of manufacturing and disposing (LPS are mercury free, and HPS can be made mercury free at the expense of yellower color at 2100K and Ra8=18). Now I'm wondering if LED getting wild because of being forced fashion rather than energy saving regards.
Amber LEDs are good for night lights, where they are small and very low levels of lighting that sodium lamps can't perform.
I think that the reason for the banning of light bulbs and their gear, is because companies and government agencies, know that LED lighting don't lasts compared to other lighting technologies, and is unserviceable and disposable, so they forcing them on us in order to make money, and increasing the consumerism. I think that they also uses this lighting technology as a form of planned obsolescence, since LED lighting evolves much faster than other lighting technologies, and LED lighting adopt the yearly model change, similar to the smartphone and the automobile industries, what traditional lighting didn't did.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Amber Coloured LED Streetlights « Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 05:00:20 AM » Author: funkybulb
This Type lighting bans they did a  hard mercury and
SON- T  (HPS) lamp bans,  at same time the ballast
too.  what boils my piss is all led craze in the US
 it cant even do what hid lighting does. as hid lighting
seems to cover a wider area  whiile most led just light the spot below the lume. In San antonio the steet
had very long pole spacing on  residential streets
with 175 watt and 250 watt Nema bucket you can
barely see whole street .  HPS came along street
became a little bit darker.  and LED craze made
city street very dark to the point that I cant walk
safely at night. i love get my high powered krypton
flashlights out at home just target practiace turning
off photo cell on those led street lights as it can beam
1/2 a mile of lights.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Amber Coloured LED Streetlights « Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 11:30:49 PM » Author: Lumex120
Isn't the only advantage LEDs really have over HPS is that the white light makes them much more easier to see under, and thus more efficient than HPS which requires more lumens to get the same visibility level? If so, this just seems pointless. Why not just install HPS if you want orange light? The efficiency of the amber LEDs will be the same if not lower than HPS.

This Type lighting bans they did a  hard mercury and
SON- T  (HPS) lamp bans,  at same time the ballast
too.  what boils my piss is all led craze in the US
 it cant even do what hid lighting does. as hid lighting
seems to cover a wider area  whiile most led just light the spot below the lume. In San antonio the steet
had very long pole spacing on  residential streets
with 175 watt and 250 watt Nema bucket you can
barely see whole street .  HPS came along street
became a little bit darker.  and LED craze made
city street very dark to the point that I cant walk
safely at night. i love get my high powered krypton
flashlights out at home just target practiace turning
off photo cell on those led street lights as it can beam
1/2 a mile of lights.

I have noticed the same thing in my area. The new LED streetlights (GE Evolves) are a little brighter (or appear brighter) than what they replaced (100 and 150w HPS) but they really don't light up the road as well. The old ones lit up a large area including the sidewalks, and to some extent people's front yards. The new ones light up the road and that's it. The "length" of the illuminated area is also noticeably smaller. I took a picture comparing the two that I will get uploaded sometime. The new LED lights also do a terrible job of lighting 4-way intersections. There's a sudden light-to-dark transition which can be quite dangerous.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 11:32:38 PM by Lumex120 » Logged

Unofficial LG Discord

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Amber Coloured LED Streetlights « Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 07:29:54 PM » Author: boiler1011
I got some 18W Satco Amber LED cobs that I really enjoy. I have them on the front of the house and they are surprisingly very bright. They are very similarly colored to the LPS I use in my garage, as well as the amber LED's I have in my attic windows. It makes the house match very well at night from outside.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Amber Coloured LED Streetlights « Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 08:03:15 AM » Author: 589
The RAB triboro also comes in 2000k “hps”

:lps:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Amber Coloured LED Streetlights « Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 09:10:06 PM » Author: Lumex120
The RAB triboro also comes in 2000k “hps”
I kind of want to see that... I mean, it would be completely pointless but it would be cool.

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies