Author Topic: Need ideas on camera extension  (Read 1021 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Need ideas on camera extension « on: February 24, 2019, 10:51:16 AM » Author: Cole D.
There is a tree farm at the end of the street here that is abandoned. And it has a NEMA head near a shed that is mounted kind of low but not very maybe 15 feet off ground. I was wondering how I could get a pic of the lamp etch or maybe label on the socket. I don't have a drone either. I thought of getting some kind of folding extension but can't think of anything long enough. Obviously a tape measure won't support my phone if I taped it to it.

The light has the power lines cut off to it so getting a shock is not an issue.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: Need ideas on camera extension « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 04:09:48 PM » Author: merc
Why not get a "real" camera with a zoom lens? There are some smartphones with zoom features but that won't be probably enough.
The "ultra zoom" compact cameras with a small sensor (= not good for taking pictures in the low light) are usually cheaper than an average smartphone. If you don't mind a second hand one, you would probably get under $100.

Member dor123 uses a cheap ($248 at Amazon) Canon PowerShot SX720 HS with an optical 40x zoom and he gets details like this.
You would probably find it useful in many other situations.

If you stick on using your phone, a foldable tent pole might possibly help you.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies