Author Topic: Well, FM 1488 is almost LEDed.  (Read 1358 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Well, FM 1488 is almost LEDed. « on: March 03, 2019, 11:20:26 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
So today, I just saw a another batch of those Greenstar Avenger Series LED street lights in some intersections of FM 1488, which originally had Cooper OVWs. I think they are aggressively changing out the HPS fixtures to LEDs almost every day. Because, according to TXDOT, that LEDs produce white light to see the colors of road signs, and pavement markings, than the orange color of HPS. Thus, replacing all of the existing HPS to LEDs. And new installations will now have LEDs. So TXDOT is not using HPS anymore.  :(

I'm looking out for the newspapers, and I'm also looking from the traffic cameras of Houston Transtar. So I'm definitely on the lookout for the bucket trucks that service the traffic signals and streetlights.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 11:24:56 PM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Well, FM 1488 is almost LEDed. « Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 10:54:15 PM » Author: funkybulb
I can keep eye out for a OVW. my scrap yard deals with Tx dot scrap metal.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies