Author Topic: Leotek Reviews  (Read 1500 times)
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Leotek Reviews « on: March 09, 2019, 04:00:56 PM » Author: M250R201SA
I recently purchased this Leotek fixture from the factory, and so far, I'm loving it.  I studied it for over a year before purchasing it, as it is the same as my utility used
GCJ1-20H-MV-WW-5-GY-580-PCR7-CR-RWG.   It is supposed to replace 175W Mercury, and 100W Sodium.

So far, I have only seen 1 fail in my area, and it was a "250 watt" GCM fixture. 

Anyone have anymore experience with Leotek that you would care to share. 

GCJ1 - Green Cobra Jr.
20H - 20 LEDs
MV - 120-277V
WW - 3000K Color Temp
5 - Type V Lens
GY - Gray
580 - 580 milliamps
PCR7-CR  - ANSI 7-Wire PC Receptacle, Control Ready (Do not get the CR option if you plan to adjust the levels of brightness.)
RWG - Rubber Wildlife Guard

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Leotek Reviews « Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 09:41:43 AM » Author: The Cooper OVX
Did you purchase it in the Canadian facility or an American one?

Common HPS fixture in many cities. slowly being phased out.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Leotek Reviews « Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 08:40:53 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
The newer GreenCobras are good, no failures near me. The older GreenCobra and Ecobra aren’t too good.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Leotek Reviews « Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 11:00:44 PM » Author: HPS_250
My experience with Leotek is different for each fixture.

For the GreenCobra series, they are fairly good. I haven’t seen any failures on the freeway here yet, since they were installed 4-5 years ago. None of the fixtures have noticeable lumen depreciation, although some have color shifted to a slightly bluish light. I have seen a couple of dayburners, but other than that the fixtures seem to be good quality. They are all replacements for 250w and 400w HPS, and have 89w and 183w LEDs, respectively.

For the E-Cobra series, my experience has been absolutely horrible. For fixtures that were installed 4 years ago, at the same time as GreenCobras and GE Evolves, they are dimmer than a 30 year old mercury vapor lamp. I would say that they easily lost 70-75 percent of their initial lumens over time. As for failures, I have seen quite a few, but most of then just dim out and don’t go fully EOL. I’ve seen about 30 dayburners, which isn’t an insane amount, but much more than with other fixtures. These fixtures are all 101w units, with plastic lenses, which was just a plain dumb idea. The lenses have become completely yellow, some almost brown, making the already dim light from these fixtures have an ugly, deep yellow color.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies