Author Topic: Philips and GE 1000W Diving bulbs  (Read 2733 times)
theseller

View Posts
View Gallery

Philips and GE 1000W Diving bulbs « on: March 13, 2019, 11:46:24 AM » Author: theseller
Hello all,
This is my first post here. I have been selling light bulbs on eBay for 10 years. Some of you may have purchased from me. I sometimes did research here to price my items. So I finally joined to I can show you the cool stuff I find.

I have these 1000W diving bulbs by GE and Philips. It has some kind of rock pieces in it which I assume are to weigh the bulb down when its in the water.

Does anyone have any info on these bulbs? I haven't been able to find any information about them on the internet.

When I price my items, I would rather price high then bring it down later, than give it away for way less than it is worth. There have been many times where I kick myself after an item I list sells within 3 or 4 minutes of listing it. I work so hard to find these items.
Ugly1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips and GE 1000W Diving bulbs « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 01:29:41 PM » Author: Ugly1
The catalog calls that material” tungsten powder cleaner”. Those bulbs had a limited life of about 50 hours and the list price in 1971 was $72.00. To get the most light out of these bulbs, you could rotate the bulbs by hand and the tungsten powder cleaner would remove the blackening on the inside of the bulb. Blackening was caused by the evaporation  of tungsten from the filament.
jrmcferren

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips and GE 1000W Diving bulbs « Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 01:40:46 PM » Author: jrmcferren
The catalog calls that material” tungsten powder cleaner”. Those bulbs had a limited life of about 50 hours and the list price in 1971 was $72.00. To get the most light out of these bulbs, you could rotate the bulbs by hand and the tungsten powder cleaner would remove the blackening on the inside of the bulb. Blackening was caused by the evaporation  of tungsten from the filament.

Without even looking at a catalog, I can say this is correct. Many high power, short life specialty lamps used this cleaning method prior to the use of the halogen process. From my understanding, stage and studio lamps also used this cleaning method.
theseller

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips and GE 1000W Diving bulbs « Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 03:06:16 PM » Author: theseller
Wow that was fast! Thank you for this information.

I will continue to post the cool bulbs I find to this page.

Thanks, friends.
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Philips and GE 1000W Diving bulbs « Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 03:09:59 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Welcome aboard Theseller! nice to see new people around.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Philips and GE 1000W Diving bulbs « Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 03:36:06 PM » Author: Lumex120
Just wondering, what's your eBay username? I'm curious to know if I ever purchased anything from you.

Unofficial LG Discord

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips and GE 1000W Diving bulbs « Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 09:15:06 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 theseller is eBay seller idoovad ,i've bought a few things from him
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 10:10:59 PM by wide-lite 1000 » Logged

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Philips and GE 1000W Diving bulbs « Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 10:49:06 PM » Author: paintballer22
I have bought stuff from him as well.
theseller

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips and GE 1000W Diving bulbs « Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 01:13:35 PM » Author: theseller
Yup, idoovad. I have a ton of bulbs I can't find on the internet. I will post some here.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Philips and GE 1000W Diving bulbs « Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 01:23:52 AM » Author: Silverliner
Welcome aboard! This is Dave, do you remember me stopping by a while back and picked up the Westinghouse 1000w mercury lamps? Well, that's me and I am one of the administrators on the site.

Yup, idoovad. I have a ton of bulbs I can't find on the internet. I will post some here.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

theseller

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips and GE 1000W Diving bulbs « Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 03:05:24 PM » Author: theseller
Dave! Of course I remember. That was probably four or five years ago. We have moved our warehouse twice since then. After your visit we started realizing how many rare bulbs we actually had.

So thanks for sparking our interest! Nice to hear from you again.
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips and GE 1000W Diving bulbs « Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 01:19:43 AM » Author: funkybulb
nice to Meet ya I have bought few things here and there
and I have bought last T10 Durotest power twist off from
ya recently. 

your welcome Ask question cause we have people around the globe to help out.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies