Author Topic: I might be getting a sodium light  (Read 1691 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
I might be getting a sodium light « on: March 15, 2019, 11:54:54 PM » Author: Cole D.
Since a friend of mine got a shop for their business, and it has a sodium security light they're having an electrician replacing. I asked if I could have it when they switch it to an LED and they said sure. But I'm hoping it's a NEMA head since I prefer that to a yardblaster. But either way it would be interesting to find out.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: I might be getting a sodium light « Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 12:42:26 PM » Author: BT25
Since a friend of mine got a shop for their business, and it has a sodium security light they're having an electrician replacing. I asked if I could have it when they switch it to an LED and they said sure. But I'm hoping it's a NEMA head since I prefer that to a yardblaster. But either way it would be interesting to find out.

Hope that you are getting a NEMA too...yardblasters are junk, especially the PSMH versions...MV's are worth keeping. Could it be wallpack? (I take it that you haven't seen this place.)

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: I might be getting a sodium light « Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 10:06:56 PM » Author: Cole D.
I've seen the building before, but the light they're talking about must be on the back. Since there's no light on the front, and on the side there's a light but it had already been switched to LED before they got it. I did look in the Google Streetview of the street that runs next to it, and I can see a bucket type light in the back. But it's too far away to tell if it's NEMA or not. I'd guess yes, since it looks big enough to be one maybe.

Also, there's a house in my neighborhood with one of those MH yardblasters that runs at night. It's been going a while now and still works alright. I'm guessing it's a Lithonia one like Lowes has.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I might be getting a sodium light « Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 04:24:29 AM » Author: mefurd98
It's always sad to see another HID light fall victim to the LEDisease, but I'm glad that you might be able to save it! I was going to work one day and I saw the local utility company replacing a MV NEMA head with an LED light so I stopped and they said I could have it! Save as many as you can!
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: I might be getting a sodium light « Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 06:27:14 PM » Author: Cole D.
It's always sad to see another HID light fall victim to the LEDisease, but I'm glad that you might be able to save it! I was going to work one day and I saw the local utility company replacing a MV NEMA head with an LED light so I stopped and they said I could have it! Save as many as you can!

Is that MV in your gallery? That's pretty cool they let you have it. I never get to see any lights being replaced here, but I'd be afraid to ask for it myself.

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I might be getting a sodium light « Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 02:37:42 AM » Author: mefurd98
Is that MV in your gallery? That's pretty cool they let you have it. I never get to see any lights being replaced here, but I'd be afraid to ask for it myself.

It's not in my gallery yet, but I'll let you know when I upload it. It's on my to-do list
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies