Author Topic: Mercury Vapor Streetlights Relamped!  (Read 1374 times)
mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mercury Vapor Streetlights Relamped! « on: April 04, 2019, 04:16:11 AM » Author: mefurd98
I noticed the other night that all of the mercury vapor street lights in my town have been relamped! Even the ones that have been out for years. It's nice to see new mercury lamps lighting the street. They all got new NEMA labels and refractors as well!
lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Mercury Vapor Streetlights Relamped! « Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 05:12:18 AM » Author: lights*plus
If not an April Fool's joke, please explain: Is your town paying rental fees to a power company? If so, which company? Do you know what type of luminaires the MV street lights are. Can you take pics?
mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury Vapor Streetlights Relamped! « Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 05:51:46 AM » Author: mefurd98
If not an April Fool's joke, please explain: Is your town paying rental fees to a power company? If so, which company? Do you know what type of luminaires the MV street lights are. Can you take pics?

It's not a joke. The area where the lights are at is operated by Alabama Power. I live outside the city limits and I'm with a different company. I'll get some pictures when I am back out that way at night.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Mercury Vapor Streetlights Relamped! « Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 06:11:22 AM » Author: dor123
I once asked Kiryat Ata, to relamp a very old 125W MV lantern near the kindergarten at Ya'akov Steinberg street, which its lamp sometimes operated and sometimes not.
I think this was the case here as well.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Mercury Vapor Streetlights Relamped! « Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 06:24:13 PM » Author: Cole D.
That's really cool, and that they fixed them up too. I'd like to see that around here. But I don't know if they relamp them.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury Vapor Streetlights Relamped! « Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 02:50:52 AM » Author: mefurd98
I was planning on getting some pictures on the way home from work tonight but it was pouring rain. I'll try to get some shots in the daytime and during the night when I can.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Mercury Vapor Streetlights Relamped! « Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 07:34:24 AM » Author: Lumex120
Wow, they even added new NEMA labels?

Unofficial LG Discord

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury Vapor Streetlights Relamped! « Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 04:39:30 AM » Author: mefurd98
They did!
mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury Vapor Streetlights Relamped! « Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 04:46:16 AM » Author: mefurd98
Here is a night shot of one of the lights. I'll get a daytime one soon.

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0&pid=158207
lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Mercury Vapor Streetlights Relamped! « Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 06:45:30 AM » Author: lights*plus
Ooh, is that a constant current transformer on the pole? If so, now I understand why these were relamped. Rather than redoing the whole area with 120 volts ac, it's the most cost effective way to maintain a good light level - simply relamp.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies