Author Topic: Jelly jar fixtures  (Read 1691 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Jelly jar fixtures « on: April 09, 2019, 10:41:40 PM » Author: Cole D.
Does anyone like the jelly jar type porch fixtures? I kind of like these for their simple design. Near me, there's a house with a white jelly jar fixture by the side door of the garage. There's a CFL in it and it seems to be on 24/7. It has a cool color to it, and I just think jelly jar lights look cool with CFLs inside.

Also, there's an HPS NEMA head in front of the house on the power pole too.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Jelly jar fixtures « Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 09:38:14 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
They're cool yet simple. I have a NOS one from 1989 with an E26 socket and a photocell.
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Jelly jar fixtures « Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 02:27:00 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I grew up with them.  Always thought they looked neat with clear incandescents or (don't hate me) spiral CFLs inside.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Jelly jar fixtures « Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 06:32:24 PM » Author: Cole D.
I grew up with them.  Always thought they looked neat with clear incandescents or (don't hate me) spiral CFLs inside.

Like I said, I like them with CFLs too. And clear incandescents would look nice with the clear glass.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Jelly jar fixtures « Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 08:44:54 PM » Author: paintballer22
Very common in my area.  I have a dozen of them in use at the paintball field some white the others are black.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Jelly jar fixtures « Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 08:57:51 PM » Author: Lumex120
Very common in my area.  I have a dozen of them in use at the paintball field some white the others are black.
Are any of them HID? I remember a while back you posted a pic of that Stonco 50w mercury fixture.

Unofficial LG Discord

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Jelly jar fixtures « Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 10:00:19 PM » Author: paintballer22
No, most are incandescent as they are not used often the others have eco smart LED filament bulbs in them. The Stonco merc has not been installed anywhere it's floating around in my collection of fixtures in the basement.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Jelly jar fixtures « Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 06:53:02 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Have a couple of them, both have incandescent lamps in them. CFLs take too long to warm up (especially in winter), they only get used for short periods of time, so the power use isn't an issue.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies