Author Topic: I need help for ballast a MV lamp!  (Read 1416 times)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
I need help for ballast a MV lamp! « on: April 16, 2019, 11:34:53 PM » Author: Binarix128
Hi everyone. I want to test the MV lamps fastly with an incandescent light, but I don't know how to calculate the wattage acording the MV lamp wattage. Please tell me a tip for calculate the lamp wattage acording to the MV or MH lamp wattage  ;) .
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I need help for ballast a MV lamp! « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 12:49:03 AM » Author: Ash
Don't know about Incandescent as ballast, but :

80W Mercury lamp can be ballasted by 2x Fluorescent 36W chokess in parallel

I think (allthough have not seen it referenced anywhere) 125W lamp can be ballasted by 3x 36W chokes

MH lamps are more picky and i am not sure you will be able to ballast a MH with an Incandescent at all
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I need help for ballast a MV lamp! « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 04:29:41 AM » Author: Medved
Hi everyone. I want to test the MV lamps fastly with an incandescent light, but I don't know how to calculate the wattage acording the MV lamp wattage. Please tell me a tip for calculate the lamp wattage acording to the MV or MH lamp wattage  ;) .

Try to search through the forums here, this topic was discussed through already a few times, including step by step manual (with links to the required graphs) to determine the correct ballasting lamp or combination for a given discharge spec.

No more selfballasted c***

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: I need help for ballast a MV lamp! « Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 06:34:37 PM » Author: Binarix128
Try to search through the forums here, this topic was discussed through already a few times, including step by step manual (with links to the required graphs) to determine the correct ballasting lamp or combination for a given discharge spec.

Thanks  :)! Do you have any link for it?  ???
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I need help for ballast a MV lamp! « Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 05:44:20 AM » Author: Medved
E.g. the last post showsa rough estimate, ithas to be fine tuned by experiments.

No more selfballasted c***

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: I need help for ballast a MV lamp! « Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 11:17:39 AM » Author: Binarix128
E.g. the last post showsa rough estimate, ithas to be fine tuned by experiments.
Thanks, I will buy some generic MV lamps for experiment with it  ;D  ;) .
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies