Author Topic: Pro line bulbs, A pile of crap!  (Read 1892 times)
mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

Pro line bulbs, A pile of crap! « on: November 02, 2008, 11:07:27 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
Have not had time to get onto this site in awhile but I had to get on here and tell all of you under no circustances at all should you ever ever use proline PL lamps! This is a generic named chinese bulb Put out by proline lighting LLC from clarcona fl. We have installed 1000 new fixtures at my job and these fixtures came with the model cfl13-35k Compact floruescent. Out of the 1000 fixtures installed 960 fixtures have bad bulbs in them in under 4 days of being installed. Some bulbs will go out the first minute they were installed only to flash on/off as they were spent. I have spent Hours and days changing out these bulbs with Sylvania "even know there crap to" But anything is better than these bulbs. Under no circustances should anyone purcahse these bulbs or even get paid to take them. That would only encourage the chinese to make more of this dreck and could end up on store shelves everywhere. These are the most ridiculous bulbs I have ever seen in my entire life.

Same stuff, Different Day!

arcblue

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pro line bulbs, A pile of crap! « Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 08:20:14 PM » Author: arcblue
It sounds like your employer had to eat quite a lot of money paying for replacement lamps for this large lot. What's frustrating is when you buy a new fixture (or a lot of fixtures) that come with a low quality lamp or ballast that fails early. The fixture/lamp would still be under warranty, but in order to honor the warranty, you have to disconnect it & send it back to the manufacturer. Then you have an empty hole & no light for 6+ weeks. So, most likely the consumer will buy a replacement lamp/fixture at their own expense. The warranty is then pointless.

Fortunately I've had good experiences with Sylvania & General Electric customer service. Neither required me to send defective merchandise back and sent me double quantities of the replacement product.

The only time I've had a large lot of defective lamps was a box of GE incandescents that weren't sealed properly, and promptly failed the first time they were lit, as air had entered the bulbs. On the other hand my friend bought a full box of rare 4' Powergroove fluorescents and they suffered the same fate; air got in the lamps and ruined them within hours to days.

I'm lampin...

mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

Re: Pro line bulbs, A pile of crap! « Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 01:56:01 AM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
Yeah i know it. Well sylvania is ok but last nothing like our kandolite bulbs have and our GE and especially panasonic bulbs which last forever. But the fact that some 2500 bulbs which light at first then just start flashing and are spent just like that is amazing that this kinda stuff can pass for inspection into the US. We have sent all the bulbs back the fixtures are good ballast wise. They used to have included TCP bulbs but have now switched to this dredful brand and hopfully will never purchase them again. I cannot believe quality has come to this folks. This is insulting. Look at what we have had to only to have come to stuff like this. And no I am not getting overly dramatic or anything but it is shameful.

Same stuff, Different Day!

form109
Re: Pro line bulbs, A pile of crap! « Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 07:57:04 PM » Author: form109
never heard of pro-line bulbs. ???
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies