Author Topic: Exhaust fans  (Read 1018 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Exhaust fans « on: April 28, 2019, 11:26:01 AM » Author: Cole D.
Do you like exhaust fans and which is you favorite ones? Also, were you ever afraid of it as a child?

Since I was afraid of some of them as a child. The metal NuTones with open metal grille used to scare me. I used to watch Sesame Street and there was a segment on making pasta that had one and it scared me, and I was always afraid there would be one in a restroom. I did end up seeing one in a bathroom once on a trip, but it was off. That one had plastic blades though and as I was leaving I turned it on, but it was pretty quiet. I also remember a Subway restaurant having one in the restroom, and I wouldn't go in there because of it.

In college, the restroom in the cafeteria had a Zephyr exhaust fan, but they replaced it with a NuTone, that had a grille like those old ones, but in white plastic. It was pretty noisy, but I wasn't afraid of it anymore.

Now, I kind of like them. Now, the plastic exhaust fans never scared me, just the big old metal ones.

This is like the NuTones that scared me, but usually they had a round grille and on the ceiling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7xJD65Ts7Y
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 11:27:39 AM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Exhaust fans « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 12:52:49 PM » Author: dor123
The noise of the Nutone fan hears like that of most elevators fans and household exhaust fans here in Israel.
Here is a thing that scare me much more than this: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-156889

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Exhaust fans « Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 03:29:41 PM » Author: Ash
Never been really into it, but i do like the Venta flange fans from the 90s (still made today) - with metal body painted Black, and only the blades made of Plastic

https://www.venta.co.il/shop/אוורור-למפעלים/מפוחים-ציריים-דו-כיוונים-למקלטים/

This model is intended for air raid shelters and other underground spaces. It is high power, and comes with a controller that enables changing speed (with a "dimmer" like circuit) to tune it down to moderately quiet operation, and change direction

As a kid i liked the sound of regenerative braking from the motor in those fans, when the speed is tuned down or direction is changed when the fan is working
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies