Author Topic: Sonic the Movie  (Read 1338 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Sonic the Movie « on: May 05, 2019, 05:28:48 AM » Author: suzukir122
So what up, what up?! Anyone gonna go see it?
As of now, there's no official date for when it'll hit theaters but... legit, point blank...  I'm not a fan of it. At all.
First off, why in the world did they make Sonic look like that? Instead of looking like a hedgehog, he looked like... a man hog.
Or a character they accidentally made and forgot about in the movie Shrek. Secondly, in my eyes, the computer animation was
complete garbage. I understand that it was just the movie trailer and that they can change how the movie looks between now
and when the movie is released to theaters, but dude... the fly-by's from when Sonic passed the cop/accelerated on the road, looked
soooo slow. They seriously need to work on that. Thirdly... Jim Carrey playing the role as Dr Robotnik? I mean, don't get me wrong,
Jim Carrey is a great actor. Seriously... but out of all actors, why is he the one chosen to play the role as Dr Robotnik?!
Ok, ok... alright, I'll watch the movie when it's out, and I'll see if he'll still make the movie better as Dr Robotnik,
but as of now, I don't think I'm going to like this movie in general.
And finally... what is up with movie creators constantly making new movies of old heroic/evil characters? I'm beginning to think
that creators are running out of ideas, and it's getting really old, really fast. That's my opinion on it.
But yeah, anyone gonna go see it?

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Sonic the Movie « Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 01:42:47 PM » Author: CEB1993
So what up, what up?! Anyone gonna go see it?
As of now, there's no official date for when it'll hit theaters but... legit, point blank...  I'm not a fan of it. At all.
First off, why in the world did they make Sonic look like that? Instead of looking like a hedgehog, he looked like... a man hog.
Or a character they accidentally made and forgot about in the movie Shrek. Secondly, in my eyes, the computer animation was
complete garbage. I understand that it was just the movie trailer and that they can change how the movie looks between now
and when the movie is released to theaters, but dude... the fly-by's from when Sonic passed the cop/accelerated on the road, looked
soooo slow. They seriously need to work on that. Thirdly... Jim Carrey playing the role as Dr Robotnik? I mean, don't get me wrong,
Jim Carrey is a great actor. Seriously... but out of all actors, why is he the one chosen to play the role as Dr Robotnik?!
Ok, ok... alright, I'll watch the movie when it's out, and I'll see if he'll still make the movie better as Dr Robotnik,
but as of now, I don't think I'm going to like this movie in general.
And finally... what is up with movie creators constantly making new movies of old heroic/evil characters? I'm beginning to think
that creators are running out of ideas, and it's getting really old, really fast. That's my opinion on it.
But yeah, anyone gonna go see it?

I saw that trailer and it looks extremely low budget to me.  I grew up with sonic video games on the Gamecube and this movie simply does not do the great video game franchise justice.  Like you say, Sonic looks like a "manhog" with the flat face and human-like mouth.  Looks too much like a guy in a costume than a true cartoon video game character. 

Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik was a bad choice too IMO.  I agree, he is a really great actor with lots of humor, but since when has Dr. Robotnik been skinny? 

I was also disappointed to see that Sonic is the only character for the movie.  I don't think anyone like Shadow, Tails, etc. make an appearance.  This movie seems kind of half baked based on the trailer.  I'll definitely watch it when it comes out, though I have high expectations being a big Sonic fan myself.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Sonic the Movie « Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 05:08:53 PM » Author: Lumex120
Haven't seen the movie yet but I really hate how they made sonic look in the trailer. He looks like a furry, not Sonic, and it's pretty awful.

Unofficial LG Discord

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Sonic the Movie « Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 08:14:20 PM » Author: CEB1993
Looks like the Sonic from the current trailer is not the final design we will see in the movie.  There's a lot of gossip on Youtube about how this movie will continue to be refined before its release.  

I don't get why the Robotnik character doesn't recognize who sonic is in the trailer.  That basically throws the stories of the entire video game franchise and the 1993 cartoon out the window  :o  
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 08:33:15 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Sonic the Movie « Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 08:22:47 PM » Author: Lumex120
Yeah, there was such a big backlash that it sounds like it's getting a redesign.

Unofficial LG Discord

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Sonic the Movie « Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 09:48:39 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yup Sonic is getting the redesign. I knew that would happen... but even so, they still have a long way to go. The
story line is flawed in so many ways that it's almost frustrating. The computer animation was very cheesy... too
cheesy for me to really think it's the final design/product before release. And again, Sonic's fly by's/acceleration
and movements seemed very slow. The very thing that Sonic is well known for, was poorly portrayed in that movie
trailer.

And yep, CEB1993, good points. I've never seen Dr Robotnik that skinny either, and Robotnik somehow doesn't recognize
Sonic. I don't get that... but I really, really don't get how Sonic is the only character, without his buddy Tails!!

1. The airport bag scene was also incredibly stupid.

2. Sonic apparently can't dodge a dart.

3. When did Sonic's fur start creating random lightning discharge?

4. Why, oh why, are they playing the song Gangsters Paradise?

... oh my aching brain.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies