Author Topic: Chrysler and Dodge cars  (Read 2154 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Chrysler and Dodge cars « on: May 05, 2019, 04:00:16 PM » Author: Cole D.
I wondering what will happen with Dodge and Chrysler cars? Because I don't see as many for sale. They still sell a lot of the Dodge trucks and Jeeps, and Dodge have the Durango, Journey, Charger and Challenger and Grand Caravan. But Chrysler only makes the 300 and the Pacifica. But the 200 was discontinued and the 300 will be, so the only Chrysler they sell will be the Pacifica.

I keep hearing the Grand Caravan will be discontinued, but it hasn't been. Plus I doubt the Charger or Challenger would be.

Yet here I mostly see the Jeeps and Dodge trucks. I'm thinking the Chrysler and Dodges sell better in west coast like CA or WA and also in Canada, but not sure.

Although I do see a TON of Grand Caravans here and a few Pacificas.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chrysler and Dodge cars « Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 09:52:13 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Dodge trucks technically don't exist anymore, They're now Ram trucks. Passenger cars in any form are a dying breed with the shift to SUV's and trucks. Ford discontinued ALL of their cars except the Mustang and Focus I believe as of this year. I think the Chrysler brand will die off relatively soon as it's been on life support for close to a decade and I would guess that the Chrysler corp in general won't survive to the end of the next decade since they can't seem to handle their finances without help from the government for the third time at least since I can remember

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Chrysler and Dodge cars « Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 10:17:56 PM » Author: Cole D.
Dodge trucks technically don't exist anymore, They're now Ram trucks. Passenger cars in any form are a dying breed with the shift to SUV's and trucks. Ford discontinued ALL of their cars except the Mustang and Focus I believe as of this year. I think the Chrysler brand will die off relatively soon as it's been on life support for close to a decade and I would guess that the Chrysler corp in general won't survive to the end of the next decade since they can't seem to handle their finances without help from the government for the third time at least since I can remember

True, although the Ford Fusion is still going to be made at least through 2020. Chevrolet also discontinued several cars recently.

It's strange to me that Chrysler/Dodge don't make many crossovers or SUVs. They have the Jeeps but they discontinued the Dodge Caliber hatchback and the Chrysler Pacifica crossover, as well as the Chrysler Aspen of the Dodge Durango. If they wanted to keep up with the market, they went the wrong way. lol

Although, I think it's odd that the American companies are discontinuing cars, but the Asian ones have not done so. Honda, Toyota, Kia Hyundai and Nissan all still make cars and I haven't heard of them deciding not to continue it.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chrysler and Dodge cars « Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 12:04:59 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I don't understand the getting rid of cars thing at all ! I heard that ford is doing it because "the public wants more trucks and SUVs" Hovever, I AM part of "the public" and I want cars, I have no use for a SUV ! I think they're shooting themselves in the foot !

And me personally, I don't think that the Chrysler Corp has any idea whats going on and haven't for a while. I know a lot of people like dodge/chrysler but I worked in a dodge/chrysler dealership for 8 years and after working on them I'd NEVER own one ! Way too many bad experiences left a bad taste in my mouth .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chrysler and Dodge cars « Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 01:42:42 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
It will always still be the Dodge Ram.  Even though Ram has it's own spin off. 
This is what I predict:
Chrysler will go the way of Plymounth.  Bye Bye.
Dodge still sells enough Chargers and Challengers to keep them selling cars and trucks... for now.  And I love the Chargers and Challengers.  Jeep is safe in the long run as long as they still make the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler.  The other girlie little jeeps are.. eh. 
Chrysler Corp's biggest issue is their long term reliability.  They are showing improvements.. but since the 70s.. the reliability of the Dodge cars, minivans, and even trucks.. has been very very poor.  I do see them fighting to make things better which gives me hope.

As for Ford-  I could see them dropping Lincoln.  Just like they did Mercury.  The Taurus is gone, as are a few other cars. 

As for GM-  Buick is already in the grave.  Cadillac is going through some very tough times right now.  If they can find success in the next 6-8 years then I think they'll be safe.. for now.. But they are on shaky ground.   Chevrolet has already dropped production on several of their cars.. some of which were selling decently.. like the Cruze.  The Impala is gone.  The Malibu is safe.. for now.. And GM is getting a taste of what some of their stupidity in recent designs has done with the new Silverado/Sierra trucks-  For the first time since I can remember- The Dodge Ram is outselling the Silverado and Sierra.  Which serves them right after the puke ugly re-design 2019 Silverado and Sierra. 

We're seeing some changes from the imports as well (Asian and European)   Crapota had to drop the Scion line due to poor sales.. Hyundai is having a terrible time with the Genesis spin off line.. Nissan can't sell the puke ugly new Titan trucks and Infiniti is seeing sales drops.. Crapota is seeing sales drops in their best seller Camary car.. Honda is having trouble with selling the new Ridgeline as well as the Civic.. though there still may be hope there.. The Accord sales have also dropped. 

Many manufacturers are trying to fight hard to establish themselves in the electric and self-driving vehicle market.  But the world isn't quite ready to go there yet.  Hopefully we see telsa fail miserably soon. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Chrysler and Dodge cars « Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 06:16:54 PM » Author: Cole D.
The Dodge Grand Caravan you see tons of here! The snowbirds love them because they can pile everything in it to bring back and forth. Plus they have space to go to the golf course. The current design had been around since 2008 without a lot of change, but they still sell so many, so why not keep building it. lol Since the Lincoln Town Car and Mercury Grand Marquis were discontinued, older people most all switched to the Grand Caravan and Town and Country. Also a few of the new Chrysler Pacifica minivans but mostly the other two.

Also, there's really no replacement for the Grand Caravan, since both Ford and General Motor stopped making minivans. The Sienna and Odyssey are nice but cost a lot more than the Grand Caravan, and I rarely seen any new Nissan Quests around here. I do see some of the Kia Sedonas, but again, not as many of the new ones.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Chrysler and Dodge cars « Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 08:32:52 PM » Author: CEB1993
Dodge and Chrysler have a few really competitive cars such as the well rounded and comfortable Chrysler 300 and the Dodge Grand Caravan/Chrysler Pacifica.  The rest of the product line lags behind the Japanese and German automakers with reliability and overall quality.  Consumer Reports consistently gives Dodge and Chrysler low marks for reliability.  I don't think Dodge and Chrysler are going to disappear in the near future, but I do think there are a lot of all around better car makers out there right now.

Dodge/Chrysler acquired the Italian car maker, Fiat which I believe was a mistake.  All of Fiat's current cars use some Dodge/Chrysler parts and the reliability scores are well below average.  I don't think Fiat would have that issue if they had consolidated with a car maker with a better reliability reputation such as Toyota or Subaru. 

My immediate family and I have mostly had imported cars from Japan, Germany, or Sweden.  We have never had a Dodge or Chrysler car in my lifetime.  The American cars my parents and grandparents did have (Ford and GM) had very good reliability.  My grandma had a Buick last for 16 years, and my uncle still has a GMC Sierra truck that has about 320,000 miles.  There are definitely some good quality, and reliable American cars by Ford and GM.  Dodge and Chrysler seem to be more focused on styling than overall reliability like its American competitors.

Personally, I prefer imported cars.  German cars like my old VW Jetta are typically sportier to drive and more luxurious.  Japanese cars like my current Subaru Legacy usually have rock-solid reliability and tons of convenient features.  The Subaru is even fun to drive with a muscular 6-cylinder flat "boxer" engine.  If Dodge and Chrysler can take a close look at what some of the best cars in the industry are doing, then they will be able to remain competitive and build longer lasting cars.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Chrysler and Dodge cars « Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 11:25:07 PM » Author: Cole D.
I agree. When my old car was in the shop, I had a Dodge Charger rental for two months. I thought it was a very nice car and I was impressed with the features it had, being it was a base model. Also my uncle had a 2006 Charger he got when they came out, but I don't remember how reliable it was because after he got a truck instead.

My old car, was a GM and it was very reliable. I never had much problem with it. Now, I have a Ford Taurus and so far its been good.

Also, my aunt has a Subaru and seems to like it, plus my grandparents, have had two Honda SUVs and like it. But they had a Buick before which was really good too.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chrysler and Dodge cars « Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 11:43:57 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
The 300 is a failure and the Caravan is a failure as well.  Caravan is gone, (replaced by the Pacifica which also will be gone soon due to poor sales) and the 300 is going bye bye in 2020.  Poor sales. 
https://carbuzz.com/news/the-chrysler-300-is-about-to-be-axed

The caravan is what kept Chrysler Corp alive in the 80s (and their eventual acquisition of Jeep in 1988)And they sold tons of them, until Honda and Crapota came out with something better.  Then people kicked the unreliable and boring caravan to the curb. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Chrysler and Dodge cars « Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 04:36:06 PM » Author: CEB1993
There was one car, the Volkswagen Routan that was basically a renamed Dodge Caravan/Chrysler Pacifica.  I always thought that was an unusual combination.  VW was never affiliated with any American car brands till then.  The VW Routan was built in the Chrysler plant in Windsor, Ontario and was probably the only VW to be built in Canada.

Unfortunately, according to the Consumer Reports reviews, the cheap Dodge/Chrysler characteristics dominated and the minivan was not a true Volkswagen with characteristic sharp handling, firm ride, and overall higher quality engineering.  I'm sure VW regretted using their brand on such a mediocre car. 

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Chrysler and Dodge cars « Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 05:48:04 PM » Author: Cole D.
Well the Grand Caravans have always sold really well here. You see more of them than the other vans. And the Chrysler Pacifica actually did not replace the Grand Caravan, it replaced the Town and Country. You can still buy a 2019 Grand Caravan.

The Sienna and Odyssey are both great vans, but they're also tend to be a lot more expensive.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies