Author Topic: Incandescent lamps only dissapeared in 2012? No, it's already begun...  (Read 2053 times)
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Incandescent lamps only dissapeared in 2012? No, it's already begun... « on: November 09, 2008, 08:40:10 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Today during surfing on the GE website, I saw that 25W and 15W soft whites literally dissapeared for good! The era of low-wattage soft white is now over... And in Canada, these two wattages were the only ones that had the American soft white etch, so it means that it will dissapear for good in Canada!

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Incandescent lamps only dissapeared in 2012? No, it's already begun... « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 06:03:19 AM » Author: Silverliner
The PDF version of the new 2008 GE catalog still lists the 15w and 25w soft whites. I did notice on their online search that the 15w and 25w bulbs aren't there, but so are the standard 40w soft whites. They only listed the longer life versions. There must be something wrong with their searchable online catalog. By the way, the products online marked "no longer manufactured" are not even listed in the 2008 catalog at all. The 15w-200w soft whites are still popular so I can't imagine them being discontinued right now.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Mercury Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Incandescent lamps only dissapeared in 2012? No, it's already begun... « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 09:24:40 AM » Author: Mercury Man
Where I work, at Ace Hardware, we still receive these wattages in Soft White bulbs in our shipments.  Many people ask for them!  Although, sad but true, they will most likely be phased out soon, since CFL bulbs keep getting smaller and smaller.  Each week our supply of 100 watt+ floodlight/spotlight incandescents dwindles down more and more, and we receive less and less of them.  So the transition to an all CFL world has begun!
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Incandescent lamps only dissapeared in 2012? No, it's already begun... « Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 04:09:23 PM » Author: Silverliner
Yeah there are indeed many CFLs in use now. Most of the condos in my complex have at least some CFLs. In this city it seems an average of about 1 out of 5 or 6 households have CFLs. Also I forgot to mention that GE hinted they'll stop making standard incandescent bulbs in 2010 when they introduce the new high efficiency incandescents. Thats ahead of the bulb ban. I expect only smaller companies carrying Chinese bulbs will continue to offer full wattage incandescents to the end.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Incandescent lamps only dissapeared in 2012? No, it's already begun... « Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 06:24:57 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Dave: Hmmm... Yeah. I should use the PDF catalog instead of the online one  :-\

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies