Author Topic: Did GFCI receptacles ever have incandescent indicator lights?  (Read 964 times)
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Did GFCI receptacles ever have incandescent indicator lights? « on: May 31, 2019, 09:50:51 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I was watching a youtube video about GFCI receptacle wiring and one of the GFCIs in the video (which was made by Cooper) appeared to have an incandescent indicator light. Did GFCIs ever have incandescent indicator lights?

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Did GFCI receptacles ever have incandescent indicator lights? « Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 11:29:08 PM » Author: Cole D.
I'm going to say possibly, because some of the older Leviton and Eagle GFCIs had it. But it only on when it was tripped. I don't think any GFCIs before the mid 2000s had a constant green indicator when working.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Did GFCI receptacles ever have incandescent indicator lights? « Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 08:05:49 AM » Author: Fluorescent05
I'm going to say possibly, because some of the older Leviton and Eagle GFCIs had it. But it only on when it was tripped. I don't think any GFCIs before the mid 2000s had a constant green indicator when working.
The Cooper GFCI in the video appeared to be new when the video was made (in 2014) and the light was only on when the GFCI was tripped.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Did GFCI receptacles ever have incandescent indicator lights? « Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 04:32:50 PM » Author: Cole D.
The Cooper GFCI in the video appeared to be new when the video was made (in 2014) and the light was only on when the GFCI was tripped.

The newer Levitions have a green LED that stays on as long as it's working, and turns red when tripped. I believe the Pass and Seymour made units work like the Coopers, where the light is only on when tripped.

Some older GFCIs in the 70s and 80s seem to have the a trip indicator also, but not all of them.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies