Author Topic: What HID fixtures are there in you neighborhood?  (Read 2457 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
What HID fixtures are there in you neighborhood? « on: June 01, 2019, 10:01:43 AM » Author: Cole D.
In my street there quite a few. There are the HPS NEMA rental lights, I think 4 on my street, but only one still works.

One house has two GE Powerfloods (I think) on a pole, but I haven't seen them on in a long time. The house next to that used to have an ITT 25 cobra used as a yard light, but it got replaced with a yardblaster. My dad and I saw ITT put out at the street once when we were riding bikes, but he said I couldn't have it. :(

That house also has a big coach style post top HPS (GE Town and Country possibly) in the back yard near the water on a short pole. I haven't seen it run in a long time though.

Another house used to have a Regent MV yardblaster on the garage on a metal pole, that replaced a Regent halogen, but they removed it and have recessed lights with yellow CFL bug bulbs under the eaves. It also used to have an HPS NEMA rental but it was changed to LED.

My neighbor across the street has a Regent MV yardblaster on a pole that hasn't been used in years and has a moldy refractor. It got replaced by an HPS NEMA rental in the early 2000s which since got replaced with LED.

Another house down the street has a HPS NEMA head on a pole but this one isn't a rental since the wire comes from the garage I can tell. They disconnected that NEMA and added two HPS floods that I'm not sure the brand of about a year or two ago which run at night and each have photocells.

One other house at the end of the street, has some kind of yardblaster on the garage, but I never saw it on. It also has an HPS NEMA rental, but it hasn't run in a few years.

On the next street, there is a Handyman yard light on a garage at one house, and another has ad 60s or 70s GE P-17 MV post top. Not sure of others. And another street near me has an older looking NEMA that might be a Norelco but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 10:04:51 AM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What HID fixtures are there in your neighborhood? « Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 05:21:42 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Here it's all LED and CFL coach lights sadly. :(

In the neighborhood next to me,  it's all fluorescent and Regent MV yardblasters. There is a Handyman, but it's been hanging by its wires for as long as I can remember. There are a few HPS wall packs and some Regent white 100w MV area lights, but that's it.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What HID fixtures are there in you neighborhood? « Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 01:30:05 AM » Author: dor123
AEG/Philips Triangel: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-140519
There are also AEG Koffer 100, but most of them disconnected.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Edmund Ironside

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What HID fixtures are there in you neighborhood? « Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 03:47:00 PM » Author: Edmund Ironside
In my neighbourhood we have 70W HPS fixtures on the streets. Philips SGS203, Philips AluRoad and a couple of STHRIL Mini Mistral. On the main road behind my house we have 150W HPS Philips Selenium fixtures.

Made in Sweden

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What HID fixtures are there in you neighborhood? « Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 11:04:16 PM » Author: joseph_125
I have a 100w MV yardlight in the backward, a 35w HPS tallpack on one of the sides. A couple of the neighbours have a 70w HPS tallpack in the backyard. The street used to be lit with 100w HPS OV-15s but those have been replaced with LEDs. One of the main roads still have HPS at the intersections though.
Froggy05

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What HID fixtures are there in you neighborhood? « Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 04:23:26 PM » Author: Froggy05
I live in countryside but there is Strihl Mistrals and GE Odysseys with 150 W HPS very near my home.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: What HID fixtures are there in you neighborhood? « Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 08:51:37 PM » Author: Binarix128
In my neighborhood we only have 150w, 250w HPS GEM250A2, and GEM250R1.
mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What HID fixtures are there in you neighborhood? « Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 02:05:49 AM » Author: mefurd98
I live in a rural area but most of the houses close to me have 100w HPS NEMAs on utility poles. There is a house down the road that has 2 MV bucket lights around their property and another one that has a HPS bucket on the side of their shed.
Attfreakk

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What HID fixtures are there in you neighborhood? « Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 01:26:36 AM » Author: Attfreakk
GE m250 with 150 w hps bulbs
streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: What HID fixtures are there in you neighborhood? « Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 12:46:35 PM » Author: streetlight98
The HIDs in my neighborhood consist of whatever ones are on my property LOL. There's two houses I know of with what I think are 175w MV yardblasters but I've never seen them lit ever. Odds are new owners bought the houses and didn't care for the lights, as most people think the brighter a light is the more energy it uses.

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What HID fixtures are there in you neighborhood? « Reply #10 on: November 28, 2019, 07:47:42 PM » Author: Rommie
Not very many, unfortunately. We have a few 70W HPS post tops outside our building, and a few more in neighbouring side streets, but the vast majority have now been replaced by LED  :(

There are no SOX lamps around here any more, apart from a couple on the side of an office building down the street that haven't been lit in years  :-\

The car park of the police station across the road from us still has some mercury lamps, which is good to see, although how long they will remain will depend on how long they will be able to get replacement lamps  :-\
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 07:49:48 PM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What HID fixtures are there in you neighborhood? « Reply #11 on: November 29, 2019, 12:51:22 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Streetlights in the neighborhood are all 100w HPS post-tops.
There might still be a couple houses  with MV yardblasters on them, but you really don't see HID on houses here.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What HID fixtures are there in you neighborhood? « Reply #12 on: November 30, 2019, 10:30:00 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Mainly M250R2s but none close to me they all were replaced by these. The town doesn't have tons of lights but that's what's near me.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies