Author Topic: Non-Metallic Cobrahead  (Read 3372 times)
form109
Non-Metallic Cobrahead « on: November 16, 2008, 12:49:16 PM » Author: form109
Is there a manufacturer of a non-metallic housing cobrahead design roadway light?
Thanks.
Mr. Big
Re: Non-Metallic Cobrahead « Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 12:53:35 PM » Author: Mr. Big
well,the american electric durastar is made out of fiberglass.
Mr. Big
Re: Non-Metallic Cobrahead « Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 02:30:53 PM » Author: Mr. Big
and it has the advantage of being UGLY at the same time!
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Non-Metallic Cobrahead « Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 05:24:24 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I am not too sure if Durastar really fits in the cobrahead category, they really do not stand out well in a long row of real cobraheads.....they look completely different from a normal cobrahead. But yes it is fiberglass.... but again, its a strange weird design light.

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

form109
Re: Non-Metallic Cobrahead « Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 03:17:08 PM » Author: form109
I am not too sure if Durastar really fits in the cobrahead category, they really do not stand out well in a long row of real cobraheads.....they look completely different from a normal cobrahead. But yes it is fiberglass.... but again, its a strange weird design light.

the durastar,even though its shapped rather oddly,think about it really when i think of a cobrahead the westinghouse ov-25 and general electric m-400 fits the definition of cobraheads,cobraheads such as the copper ovm or ovx are boxier and look less like cobraheads.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Non-Metallic Cobrahead « Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 09:46:54 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I've seen snake breeds with boxy heads but never seen a breed of snake with something sticking out like those durastars have exernal ignitors  :P :P :P

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: Non-Metallic Cobrahead « Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 07:44:14 PM » Author: streetlight98

I would, in my opinion, consider it a clamshell.

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies