Author Topic: Blue sparks from power outlet during storms?  (Read 2916 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Blue sparks from power outlet during storms? « Reply #15 on: June 23, 2019, 10:00:57 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: suzukir122
@Xmaslightguy, I have a strong idea of what you mean.
Do you think it was something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34r6RGF2JLA
The kind I'm talking about though apparently can travel anywhere it wants, even through windows, during
a thunderstorm. I've even read about ball lightning traveling into an oven. This is all stuff I've read about in
books when I was a kid. I really, really have yet to see this phenomenon in action.
It could have been something similar, but that vid looks more like a discharge between the lower down/lower power lines...what he described was more a ball rolling along the line (and if its the area I'm thinking - which would be the way he'd take home - it would have been on the big high transmission lines)

I've read about the type you're thinking...forms a ball of energy that rolls along the ground(or whatever surface). Never seen it in person.

-------------
I've seen things get struck before (less than a block away) whatever it was that got struck (a house or tree, couldn't quite tell) glowed for a few seconds from the heat at the point of contact .lol.

I've also been outside, and close enough to hear the 'zap' when a lightning strikes.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies