Author Topic: Anyone here like thermostats?  (Read 1578 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Anyone here like thermostats? « on: June 23, 2019, 12:20:10 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
I kinda like thermostats, because there these nice old Honeywell round thermostats which look so cool! And the pneumatic thermostats are also cool too!

But mostly, the thermostats in my house are Honeywell VisionPro 5000 digital thermostats.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Anyone here like thermostats? « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 10:31:37 AM » Author: Cole D.
I kinda like thermostats, because there these nice old Honeywell round thermostats which look so cool! And the pneumatic thermostats are also cool too!

But mostly, the thermostats in my house are Honeywell VisionPro 5000 digital thermostats.

I do, I like the round and pneumatic ones. The house of my grandmother, used to have the round one, with gold metal. I have a round one in my collection of switches, but it's plastic, and heat only.

Plus I like the Honeywell Round Digital thermostat, which has a green backlight.

My house has this Honeywell, with a blue/gray backlight:
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=308&pos=175&pid=150107

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: Anyone here like thermostats? « Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 07:16:39 PM » Author: LampLover
I have always liked the round Honeywell ones with the big ball of mercury. Unfortunately those are hard to find now due to environmental reasons (just like the silent mercury light switches, which I also like). Also I have to ask this but what is a pneumatic thermostat?

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Anyone here like thermostats? « Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 08:21:12 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I have always liked the round Honeywell ones with the big ball of mercury. Unfortunately those are hard to find now due to environmental reasons (just like the silent mercury light switches, which I also like). Also I have to ask this but what is a pneumatic thermostat?

https://www.ehow.com/how-does_5052486_pneumatic-thermostat-work.html

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Anyone here like thermostats? « Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 09:42:07 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I like the round Honeywell T87 thermostats with the mercury switch. I have one but no round cover or sub base. I also like the ones with magnets that work kind of like hard snap light switches.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: Anyone here like thermostats? « Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 08:52:51 AM » Author: nogden
I also like Honeywell round mercury thermostats. That's all I use in my house! I have three -- two for heating-only zones and one heat/cool. All mercury.

Pneumatic thermostats are also a lot of fun. Most of our heating zones at work are pneumatically-controlled.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone here like thermostats? « Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 09:00:33 AM » Author: CEB1993
The location of the thermostat makes a big difference because of its temperature sensor. At the lake house, the thermostat is in the hall near the bedrooms and bathroom, where the ceiling is 8 feet. The living room with 16-foot ceilings always remains warmer than the bedrooms when the A/C cycles. It would be nice if the thermostat was in the living room because the air would run more to keep it cooler, and keep the bedrooms even cooler.

In my former apartment in New York, I would open the windows in the living room to let in fresh air while I was cooking. The thermostat was in the living room/kitchen area, so the warm air from outside would trigger the thermostat and the A/C would run continuously. As a result, my bedroom stayed much cooler.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies