Author Topic: Screw sizes for lighting related thngs  (Read 1298 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Screw sizes for lighting related thngs « on: July 04, 2019, 02:53:58 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I will measure these but would be nice to know on here. What the sizes of:

-the screw that holds one of those yardblaster photocell sockets together?
-the screws that hold porcelain/plastic 3"/4" sockets to a junction box?
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: Screw sizes for lighting related thngs « Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 10:59:05 AM » Author: LampLover
I will measure these but would be nice to know on here. What the sizes of:

-the screw that holds one of those yardblaster photocell sockets together?
-the screws that hold porcelain/plastic 3"/4" sockets to a junction box?

Standard junction box device screws are 8-32 thread and are usually 1.5" - 2" long
the yardblasters I don't know as I have never used one sorry

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Screw sizes for lighting related thngs « Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 01:34:04 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Standard junction box device screws are 8-32 thread and are usually 1.5" - 2" long
the yardblasters I don't know as I have never used one sorry

It's ok. Thanks for your help! :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 01:36:08 PM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: Screw sizes for lighting related thngs « Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 12:44:35 PM » Author: streetlight98
The screws used for devices are actually 6/32. 8/32 screws are used for octagon and 4-square boxes to mount light fixtures or blank plate/mud ring. 6/32s are for switches and plugs as well as faceplates. 10/32 is the size for green grounded screws used in metal boxes. 10/32 is also used on some metal fan-rated boxes and outdoor cast aluminum round boxes.

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: Screw sizes for lighting related thngs « Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 05:38:02 PM » Author: LampLover
The screws used for devices are actually 6/32. 8/32 screws are used for octagon and 4-square boxes to mount light fixtures or blank plate/mud ring. 6/32s are for switches and plugs as well as faceplates. 10/32 is the size for green grounded screws used in metal boxes. 10/32 is also used on some metal fan-rated boxes and outdoor cast aluminum round boxes.

Oops! sorry fluorescent lover 40 for the wrong information
I work on computers and just tested that the 6/32 case/Hard Drive screws thread properly onto the devices faceplate screw and like wise the face plate screws will thread into a hard drive so I guess I was wrong. I usually don't work with electrical boxes but I did build a extension cord box with 7 outlets and a switch (4 gang box with 3 standard duplex receptacles and one switch/outlet combo). again sorry for the incorrect information

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies