Author Topic: Losing interest in lighting due to the ubiquitous, omnipresent LED  (Read 3401 times)
sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: Losing interest in lighting due to the ubiquitous, omnipresent LED « Reply #30 on: January 23, 2020, 02:26:51 PM » Author: sox35
LOL I'm in the same boat as Owen. I've got too much stuff to give up collecting now. If I gave up my lighting hobby I wouldn't have very much of a life at all other than work lol.
Thought this old topic could do with reviving. We too are disheartened and disappointed in the way the world is going with regard to LED's, particularly for street lighting. We still have a certain amount of choice when it comes to what we use at home, even if we do have to resort to places like eBay to get lamps, but outside that door we have to accept whatever is forced upon us  Undecided

Both of us here have the lighting bug big time, so no way would we (or could we) ever give up  Grin Cool
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 02:30:46 PM by sox35 » Logged

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end  Smiley

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: Losing interest in lighting due to the ubiquitous, omnipresent LED « Reply #31 on: January 23, 2020, 11:35:15 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Thought this old topic could do with reviving. We too are disheartened and disappointed in the way the world is going with regard to LED's, particularly for street lighting. We still have a certain amount of choice when it comes to what we use at home, even if we do have to resort to places like eBay to get lamps, but outside that door we have to accept whatever is forced upon us  Undecided

Both of us here have the lighting bug big time, so no way would we (or could we) ever give up  Grin Cool

I'm confused as to how you quoted Mike yet I cannot find my comment on this thread nor his.... I don't recall deleting my responses ever...  Huh?

Something seems glitched.

~Owen

Mercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor Lamp

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Losing interest in lighting due to the ubiquitous, omnipresent LED « Reply #32 on: January 24, 2020, 07:39:17 AM » Author: suzukir122
Literally just less than 3 hours ago at work, as I was working I noticed a fixture turned on at the very front of the factory, in an
area used as storage, that hasn't been infected with LED tubes. That fixtures stays off typically, so the installers didn't touch it.
That light, next to the LED ones, was noticeably warmer (of course) and BRIGHTER. A lot of light was gone when that thing was switched off.
... but that being said, 100% of the 4, 6, and 8 lamp T8 fluorescent high bays, now have LED tubes in them.
That, and they're replacing all the old machines in that factory. The old machines still have over head fluorescent fixtures. The new
machines have fluorescent fixtures with the LED tubes in them, so it's only a matter of time. Complete bull.

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: Losing interest in lighting due to the ubiquitous, omnipresent LED « Reply #33 on: January 24, 2020, 10:40:20 AM » Author: sox35
I'm confused as to how you quoted Mike yet I cannot find my comment on this thread nor his.... I don't recall deleting my responses ever...  Huh?

Something seems glitched.

I can see both yours and his comments ok.

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end  Smiley

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: Losing interest in lighting due to the ubiquitous, omnipresent LED « Reply #34 on: January 24, 2020, 10:46:56 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I'm too far down the rabbit hole to lose interest now!
I'm exactly the same.!!  Cheesy

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber  -  US author, cartoonist, humourist, & satirist (1894 - 1961)

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines