Author Topic: Cheap LED lights are uncomfortable.  (Read 1578 times)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Cheap LED lights are uncomfortable. « on: July 14, 2019, 01:29:27 AM » Author: Binarix128
I went to a house weeks ago, and It have LED lamps; the light of these chinnese LED's are horrible blue and very dim, and you can't see too good, and have 50hz fliker. CRI are the worst, I thin an old MV lamp can better CRI than this.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Cheap LED lights are uncomfortable. « Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 02:41:11 AM » Author: dor123
All LED lamps, regardless of brand and CRI, have crap light. I've seen Osram/LEDvance floodlights with crap light quality that don't last longer than the generic ones we have here in Israel.
The problem with the color quality, is caused by the huge amount of blue light in the spectrum. And while they are UV free, the blue light replces it rule for yellowing plastics, fading prints, and attracting insects, and causing new health problems that the UVA from other HID and fluorescent lamps don't causes.
If the lamps you mentioned, really flickering 50hz, so there is a problem with the driver. But this can be any frequency flickering, and not just 50hz.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cheap LED lights are uncomfortable. « Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 02:52:41 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
I've got many great LED bulbs, made by Sylvania, Philips, GE, and Feit Electric just to name some.  2700, 3000, 3500, and 4000k.  They all do great!  The early on LEDs were a bit flickery and harsh but they've come a long way since. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Edmund Ironside

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cheap LED lights are uncomfortable. « Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 02:15:31 AM » Author: Edmund Ironside
I've got many great LED bulbs, made by Sylvania, Philips, GE, and Feit Electric just to name some.  2700, 3000, 3500, and 4000k.  They all do great!  The early on LEDs were a bit flickery and harsh but they've come a long way since. 

Agreed!

Not all LED's are crap, many are, and as most people here in Sweden are quite economic they tend to choose crappy cheap bulbs and fixtures. Where i work we recycle old bulbs and there is quite a lot of cheaper LED's coming in for recycling, very few high end LED tough. Still few comparing to (now atleast 10 year old!) CFL's and standard incandescent/ halogen GLS bulbs.

In my house i have a mixture of incandescents and Philips LED's that are made in Poland that are great. Nice light and good color rendering!
... Not as nice as incandecents tho ::)

Made in Sweden

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cheap LED lights are uncomfortable. « Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 03:31:46 AM » Author: Medved
The problem is, there is very strong push on low cost and long lifetime trade off. And to have both of these, certain components become off limits, because they are too pricey, bulky (what translates into cost elsewhere) and/or short living, namely the electrolytic capacitors.  But if you make the thing withoutthese, you have nothing to smooth out the output, so you will end up with the 100/120Hz flicker. Could be minimized by letting the LEDs light longer part of the sinewave (still with minimum cost), but that will never become perfectly smooth as when you have an electrolytic tank on hand.

No more selfballasted c***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cheap LED lights are uncomfortable. « Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 06:55:35 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I have many led's in and around my house that I personally love ! Most are the Ecosmart brand from Home Depot they have no noticeable flicker and the light quality is WAY better than the CFL's they replaced at almost half the wattage ! When I replaced the 13w PL fluorescent powered wall light on my garage with this,  https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5198&pos=10&pid=160345  I used a Feit electric 3000K 12w, 100w equivalent clear filament style led , it puts out 1490 lumens and emits a much better quality light than the PL  ever did. When I look out the kitchen window a night now I actually can read my thermometer now, The light clarity is that much better ,as a matter of fact everything looks clearer with this light source for some reason. The Feit LED is rated for 10,000 hrs, WE'LL SEE !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies