Author Topic: Citizens complaining about new LED installation  (Read 1238 times)
mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Citizens complaining about new LED installation « on: July 24, 2019, 08:20:59 PM » Author: mefurd98
The city has recently installed new LED streetlights on a section of highway on the east side of town. Some citizens are saying that their cellphone lights put out more light and the light is only directly below. I agree, although I am happy with that part of town being lit up, it is horrible to drive under the lights because it goes from dark to extremely bright to dark to extremely bright again. Isn't that more dangerous than the road not being lit at all? Companies need to take more time to properly diffuse the light instead of rushing them out on the market. I just thought it was funny that people are starting to complain.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Citizens complaining about new LED installation « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 08:39:40 PM » Author: Cole D.
What kind of LED are they using? Here they used the Philips RoadFocus LED for a big changeout in 2016 and I find they light quite well with minimal glare. But there is some of the issue you're saying about the road not being evenly lit. Lately they seem to be using the AEL ATB2 for spot replacements and also for one larger changeout, and they seem to work very well.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Citizens complaining about new LED installation « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 08:44:53 PM » Author: mefurd98
I'm not sure. I can stop and take a picture of one the next time I'm out that way.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Citizens complaining about new LED installation « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 07:51:19 AM » Author: dor123
Here is how Tchernikhovski street looks during the LEDding. Now the HPS at the two upper pictures are also LEDs.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies