Author Topic: What causes the fixtures gets dayburning?  (Read 1222 times)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
What causes the fixtures gets dayburning? « on: July 24, 2019, 10:12:02 PM » Author: Binarix128
What causes the fixtures get dayburning? I think there a lot of causes for a fixture get dayburning, for example: Internal shorts, birds poop in the photocell, or the burning of the material of the photocell and gets black...
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What causes the fixtures gets dayburning? « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 10:29:29 PM » Author: dor123
If your lanterns are group switched, I think that they are turned on on purpose for detecting lanterns with EOL lamps and relampping them.
If they are controlled by a timer switch, probably the time on/off are set wrong.
If they are controlled by a photo control, probably the photocontrol reached EOL.
Dusk and dawn lanterns with independent photo controls on top of them, are unique to English speaking markets such as the American and the British markets.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What causes the fixtures gets dayburning? « Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 12:48:16 PM » Author: Medved
What causes the fixtures get dayburning? I think there a lot of causes for a fixture get dayburning, for example: Internal shorts, birds poop in the photocell, or the burning of the material of the photocell and gets black...

Birds poop seems severe, but it does not restrict the light so much it will do anything more than just shifting the switching time a bit. The light level difference between day and night is really several decades, the bird thing causes barely one decade attenuation...

Most frequent causes of the classic (non electronic) controls are burned relay (heater or coil, depends on if it is electromagnetic or thermal), bad contact on the photo resistor and mainly degradation of the photoresistor (it get quite hot, so its resistance increases over time till it gets completely open circuit; and open circuit is the same as darkness)

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies