Author Topic: What is the most efficient?  (Read 1089 times)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
What is the most efficient? « on: August 01, 2019, 11:21:05 PM » Author: Binarix128
What is the most efficient lamp to use normally at home? LED, CFL, HID, incandescent or fluorescent?

I think the best for the factories is to use HID's and fluorescet, because some LED and CFL have an horrible power factor and most of HID's have a good one, I think is better to spend more energy in HID's, to save money in power factor (if the power factor is not a too expensive tax).
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What is the most efficient? « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 10:16:27 AM » Author: dor123
The power factor don't affects lamp performance like most Americans thinks, but only the amperage that you consume from your electricity supply company.
HID lamps have times to run-up and cool down before they can light again, and so not so good for home.
The low pressure sodium lamp, have the highest lumen/watt rating from all light sources, but have an amber color which isn't suitable indoors and is really expensive.
CFLs can be good in open fixtures. If they are from known manufacturers, they should last well. some even lasted past their rated lifetime like on of my Osram Duluxstar 8W/827 and my Hyundai Teva 20W 827 color CFLs.
Incandescent and halogen lamps are the only options for enclosed fixtures and areas where frequent switching happens.
Contrary to what the Americans always said here, 220-240V CFLs aren't dangerous at all.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies