Author Topic: Are LED streetlamps junk or not  (Read 1199 times)
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Are LED streetlamps junk or not « on: August 08, 2019, 06:35:48 PM » Author: Jovan
Hello to everyone.I noticed that in Stara Pazova HPS and HQL lamps are going to be replaced with LED.Some streets have LED but not mine.What you think about that is it good or bad decision ? Oldest LED lamps were installed in 2014 to see are they good or bad and they still work today.I will post picture of lamps tommorow.I will ask them for few HPS lamps.
Lumalux

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex's World of Christmas Lights!

Re: Are LED streetlamps junk or not « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 01:59:07 PM » Author: Lumalux
Here in Richmond, VA, they are replacing some sodium vapor fixtures with really nice looking LED heads. They are very slim and are about the width of a normal 150 watt fixture, and they have a nice warm color that is about 3,500K. However, in one block, two are already dark. These are about 8 months old.

I've seen many newer installations at gas stations (in the pump island canopy) with LED matrices and many of the component LEDs have failed. I think promises of 20,000 hours are very optimistic.
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are LED streetlamps junk or not « Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 09:31:41 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
The Philips Road Focus lamps here that replaced 150, 250, and 400W HPS are going on 4 years with very very very few issues. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Edmund Ironside

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are LED streetlamps junk or not « Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 02:51:20 AM » Author: Edmund Ironside
This is a really strange question. You cant just say yes or no as both LED and HID has their advantages and problems.

But no, they are usually not junk. If they install high quality fixtures and install them properly then it should be fine. The biggest problems are usually crappy Chinesium fixtures installed without a care. Even modern Chinesium HID can be crap. I think most new installations in my town have been positive, the light quality has improved and the streets feels much safer. This is really important in a country that feels more unsafe by the day. The oldest LED installations i have seen around town are about five years old and they are still running strong, i have never seen a failed light.

Made in Sweden

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies