Author Topic: Fisher-Pierce Anti-Terroist Photocell's  (Read 4173 times)
form109
Fisher-Pierce Anti-Terroist Photocell's « on: December 01, 2008, 06:05:10 PM » Author: form109
these photocells claim that they are projectile resistant,they better be for 79 and 89 bucks!!! >:( :o
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Fisher-Pierce Anti-Terroist Photocell's « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 11:11:52 PM » Author: lite_lover
 :o Those are expensive!! There is always the LK-2-PR model for $39.00

The brighter the better.

form109
Re: Fisher-Pierce Anti-Terroist Photocell's « Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 12:32:28 AM » Author: form109
still too expensive for a photocell,i can head out to a local hardware store and pick up an intermatic unit for 8 Dollars. ;)
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Fisher-Pierce Anti-Terroist Photocell's « Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 02:48:08 AM » Author: lite_lover
Oh yeah the Intermatics are cheap enough, they are similar to that around here as well, with the nice big 120V plastered all over the side of it LOL.You should be able to find a standard Fisher Pierce PC for a good price.

The brighter the better.

form109
Re: Fisher-Pierce Anti-Terroist Photocell's « Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 03:01:40 PM » Author: form109
im not sure on the model but it fits your description,itd white and has writing all over it!
gmercury2000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fisher-Pierce Anti-Terroist Photocell's « Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 04:49:58 PM » Author: gmercury2000
Not to mention, the terrorists are not gonna say hey lets turn off the street light so we can blow something up. But as for the price they can keep them. If someone wants that light out bad enough they are gonna make it go out!
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Fisher-Pierce Anti-Terroist Photocell's « Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 02:12:19 AM » Author: lite_lover
Yep if somebody wants it out they will take it out one way or another.

Form 109: It's the intermatic model LC4521

The brighter the better.

form109
Re: Fisher-Pierce Anti-Terroist Photocell's « Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 11:31:49 PM » Author: form109
@Lite_Lover-i agree..just because the photocell is claimed to be projectile resistant,that doesnt mean the fixture would be projectile resistant..and if they were gonna put a streetlight out,they would probably aim to destroy the entire fixture and not just the photocell,besides i think there will not be many utilities willing to pay that kind of price for a darn photocell,when regular ones cost only a few bucks...by the way thanks for the Model Number. ;) :)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Fisher-Pierce Anti-Terroist Photocell's « Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 09:57:39 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
But fooling a photocell is probably a LOT quieter than killing a lamp or blowing up a fixture!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Fisher-Pierce Anti-Terroist Photocell's « Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 06:18:50 PM » Author: lightman64
thats intense!

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Fisher-Pierce Anti-Terroist Photocell's « Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 02:49:10 PM » Author: FGS
This is how terrorists might do to turn off the streetlights when they want to do something in the dark. It's Lighting Gallery . I'd advise against doing that too often. Might ruin the ballast/igniter and the lamp doing that. Gonna try with my own Fisher Pierce PC on my streetlight minus the lamp. I have red laser pointers of 5mW or less.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Fisher-Pierce Anti-Terroist Photocell's « Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 03:04:24 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
I've already done it myself....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fisher-Pierce Anti-Terroist Photocell's « Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 05:17:52 PM » Author: Medved
I think installing  thermomechanical photocell or setting the filter time to few minutes and you lost (with the laser-pointer)... :D

No more selfballasted c***

gmercury2000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fisher-Pierce Anti-Terroist Photocell's « Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 08:39:20 PM » Author: gmercury2000
Ah those lasers are fun. The light up the street from me used to have an instant response PC. I would wait for someone to walk by and turn it off and love to watch their reaction. The home owners were setting up their Christmas decorations one year and I turned the light off as they plugged their lights in and they thought they tripped a breaker in their house that controlled the light ;D
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Fisher-Pierce Anti-Terroist Photocell's « Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 07:25:04 PM » Author: icefoglights
Where I used to work we had a Dodge Dakota that was involved in a minor accident.  The front left corner was messed up and the headlight aimed way up in the air.  The route I used to drive went by an apartment complex that had an HPS NEMA with an instant acting photocell (aimed roughly south BTW).  Whenever I would make a left turn onto the street it was on, my headlight would sweep across the photocell and cycle the light off.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies