Author Topic: Lead in solder  (Read 4180 times)
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lead in solder « Reply #15 on: September 29, 2019, 11:22:52 AM » Author: Ash
Back then when we were talking about it, was during the time when it all happened. What happened since then i can only guess

Since that time this luminaire became available from the local company, both in HID and LED, and from what i can tell it looks identical to the engineering samples that leaked

I think the luminaire body is exactly the same one. It does have gaskets that looks to me okay for IP54, but they didnt stand being hosed with water for IP65 test. In real use conditions all those luminaires get is rain, so most likely they just derated them to IP54 or 44 and called that a day

Water accumulating "on the floor" inside a luminaire is a major cause of luminaire failure - It evaporates and condenses on the luminaire roof, and from there drips on the gear. Some of the most rotten rusted magnetic ballasts you can find are from luminaires where exactly this process took place. Gear in IP23 luminaires usually stays in much better shape
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lead in solder « Reply #16 on: September 30, 2019, 12:38:57 AM » Author: Medved

Water accumulating "on the floor" inside a luminaire is a major cause of luminaire failure - It evaporates and condenses on the luminaire roof, and from there drips on the gear. Some of the most rotten rusted magnetic ballasts you can find are from luminaires where exactly this process took place. Gear in IP23 luminaires usually stays in much better shape

I did not mean accumulating, but e.g. a small stream running along the material during the hosing and completely draining out after. That happens quite often, when the thing is designed to really prevent the accumulation (you need drain passages for that, but those holes do pass some water in, when sprayed from below). This could be OK, but only when there is nothing electrical related touching the inner surface. So good for inc, HID or fluoro, but not for large flat LED boards.
That could be 65, yet preventing the common 65 (I mean what really passes the hose test) problem of water pooling over long time (the IP rating just does not cover that problem at all).

No more selfballasted c***

Keyless

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lead in solder « Reply #17 on: October 12, 2019, 06:30:04 AM » Author: Keyless
What about Sylvania appliance light bulbs? I think they are US made. 
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies