Author Topic: Anyone else waiting for the return of NECCO Wafers?  (Read 1407 times)
Mr. Orthosilicate

View Posts
View Gallery

Anyone else waiting for the return of NECCO Wafers? « on: October 01, 2019, 07:40:09 PM » Author: Mr. Orthosilicate
I am just wondering if anyone else likes them. I heard that they are coming back in November of this year.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Anyone else waiting for the return of NECCO Wafers? « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 07:49:40 PM » Author: suzukir122
Never heard of them but as soon as they return, I'm buying them/trying them.
Also... you have the option of buying them on Ebay or similar sites if you really, really want them. But, I'm not
sure I'd trust the expiration dates on them. Then again, you can notify the seller to check the dates.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mr. Orthosilicate

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else waiting for the return of NECCO Wafers? « Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 08:22:07 PM » Author: Mr. Orthosilicate
They’ve been around since the 1840s, but the company that made them recently went bankrupt. The Spangler Candy Company finally bought them, and they plan to put them on the market again soon. They had to transfer machinery from the original factory when the lease expired, and the original buyer dropped out due to some unforeseen issues with the factory. Spangler bought them after the original buyer decided to sell the company.

As for getting them, I still have a few rolls left. I bought 3 or 4 of the 24 packs they distribute to businesses when I heard they were going out of business.  They’re one of those candies you either really love or really hate. Some people describe them as chalky, but I like them. The flavors were lemon, lime, orange, licorice, cinnamon, chocolate, wintergreen, and clove.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else waiting for the return of NECCO Wafers? « Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 09:46:54 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I personally can't stand them ! My dad loves them ,especially the black (licorice) ones .  YUK !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else waiting for the return of NECCO Wafers? « Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 12:43:55 AM » Author: tolivac
WOW Hope the NECCOs come back-used to eat them while watching movies at the theater when I was a kid!Same with Jaw Breakers,Red Hots,Life Savers,and Smarties.Now theater no longer have these-just Gummy Bears-----YUCK!!!!!!!And Candy bars-another YUCK!!!HATE gummy candies!
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Anyone else waiting for the return of NECCO Wafers? « Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 05:01:28 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Gummy bears aren't bad but if I eat too many consequences vary lol.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies