Author Topic: ARCHIVED FOR INFO - Early f30t8 germicidal lamps/fixtures on ebay  (Read 2256 times)
Bottled lightning

View Posts
View Gallery

ARCHIVED FOR INFO - Early f30t8 germicidal lamps/fixtures on ebay « on: October 02, 2019, 02:45:30 AM » Author: Bottled lightning
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Antique-Art-Deco-Fluorescent-Light-Fixture-Disinfectaire-UV-air-disinfection-/223499937378  Somebody save these before they toss the lamps.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 08:04:15 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged
Bottled lightning

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Early f30t8 germicidal lamps/fixtures on ebay « Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 12:44:15 AM » Author: Bottled lightning
Nobody?
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Early f30t8 germicidal lamps/fixtures on ebay « Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 09:11:42 PM » Author: joseph_125
Seller's description says this "These Will NOT come with bulbs AND NEED TO BE REWIRED FOR FLUORESCENT or conventional bulbs." but I wonder if someone local would be able to convince the seller to provide the lamps too if they picked up the fixtures or to even sell the lamps separately.

I think these use bipin based lamps so switching to fluorescent is just a matter of putting in a new lamp. I have a similar length germicidal lamp that's a single pin T6. Haven't found a fixture for it. 
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Early f30t8 germicidal lamps/fixtures on ebay « Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 10:06:38 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I've noticed a lot of eBay sellers won't ship a fluorescent fixture with the tubes. I saw one seller who said " lamps pictured will not be included with the fixture as they release a toxic powder/gas if broken !"

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Bottled lightning

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Early f30t8 germicidal lamps/fixtures on ebay « Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 02:28:36 AM » Author: Bottled lightning
Look at the lamps, the ends look like the early ones here https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=816&pos=133&pid=64757
AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Early f30t8 germicidal lamps/fixtures on ebay « Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 12:59:50 AM » Author: AZTECH
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Antique-Art-Deco-Fluorescent-Light-Fixture-Disinfectaire-UV-air-disinfection-/223499937378  Somebody save these before they toss the lamps.

I got these nice 4x wall fluorescent fixtures but seller still refused to ship the 2-3 old UV tube lamps. These wall fluorescent fixtures pretty darn heavy and somewhat thicker metal sheets than the modern average. It was made by Ohio? USA. Probably he scared of getting sued from cause of beryllium toxic if break tubes but I think only Daylight & White early tubes does have it but UV tubes should not... If I remember correct.

lucky I have 2 of 1940's Westinghouse F30T8 daylight tubes to put in these fixtures and it works nice accent lighting. I Installed it above of (my 1900 era haunted farmhouse) indoor windows and door it looks nice I guess but my farmhouse still look terrible anyways. I'll try post some pictures here if you guys want to see how these fixture mounted on wall.

I wish there more same matching set wall fluorescent fixtures for my old house to make look like very unique design.  ;D

AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Early f30t8 germicidal lamps/fixtures on ebay « Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 01:06:57 AM » Author: AZTECH
Look at the lamps, the ends look like the early ones here https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=816&pos=133&pid=64757

Yes, I believe these tubes were Mazda/GE early UV tubes. its hard to see the stamp label but the end cap pattern look much similar.     
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Early f30t8 germicidal lamps/fixtures on ebay « Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 01:49:02 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Someone else message the seller saying something like "I have a use for these uv tubes for my industrial HVAC equipment" or something to that effect.

Maybe they'll stop being so stubborn.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Early f30t8 germicidal lamps/fixtures on ebay « Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 01:55:55 AM » Author: AZTECH
Here pictures as I promised to show what they look like hang on the wall.

only 3 fixtures works and 1 offline at far left side. 
AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Early f30t8 germicidal lamps/fixtures on ebay « Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 02:05:38 AM » Author: AZTECH
Someone else message the seller saying something like "I have a use for these uv tubes for my industrial HVAC equipment" or something to that effect.

Maybe they'll stop being so stubborn.

I tried that before and sometime idiot seller don't have any idea what HVAC guys doing deal with UV lamps in the duct box. There some out there exist 85 IQ level seller  ::)  Same as Aaron was a prison person in Alien 3 movie  ;D
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Early f30t8 germicidal lamps/fixtures on ebay « Reply #10 on: November 21, 2019, 04:23:02 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Here pictures as I promised to show what they look like hang on the wall.

only 3 fixtures works and 1 offline at far left side. 
Is that hanging light some kind of gas lamp or incandescent?

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies