Author Topic: Anyone here know how to read old Sangamo molded paper capacitors?  (Read 1886 times)
Mr. Orthosilicate

View Posts
View Gallery

Anyone here know how to read old Sangamo molded paper capacitors? « on: October 16, 2019, 09:28:00 PM » Author: Mr. Orthosilicate
I was dissecting a dead GE Spec No. 6 preheat ballast and I came across an old Sangamo molded paper capacitor. It has a red body, with Sangamo USA type 30 molded into one side, and the number sequence 006-400 printed on the other side of the case. Does that mean it is a 6 microfarad, 400 volt rated capacitor?
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone here know how to read old Sangamo molded paper capacitors? « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 07:11:45 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Is this website any good.?

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mr. Orthosilicate

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here know how to read old Sangamo molded paper capacitors? « Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 09:12:37 PM » Author: Mr. Orthosilicate
Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find anything helpful on that website. Also, I noticed it was actually a .006-400 capacitor. 
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone here know how to read old Sangamo molded paper capacitors? « Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 09:53:40 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Looking at this listing on eBay I think you are right in what you think.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies