Author Topic: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts  (Read 2876 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « on: October 25, 2019, 10:16:08 AM » Author: CEB1993
Anyone here interested in ceiling fans or light kits used in ceiling fans?  I've always been intrigued by ceiling fans and they are a necessary part of the house in the warm climate I live in.

Below are a few fans from my grandparents' house (Please log in to view the pictures.)  A 1998 Hampton Bay with four blades and a 1991 Concord with five blades.  Both fans are 3-speed, and the Concord had a 3-way light kit.  The light kit on this one is 2-2-4-off.  The light kit uses R20 reflector bulbs.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 11:11:36 AM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 01:13:53 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I want one of those huge industrial ceiling fans.

Also would like a ceiling fan in my room.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 03:27:57 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I'm also interested in fans and electric motors.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 11:07:34 PM » Author: CEB1993
I want one of those huge industrial ceiling fans.

Also would like a ceiling fan in my room.

Here's an industrial ceiling fan in an open-air beer brewery in my town.  It really is a big fan  ;D  These fans are designed for large open areas like grocery stores and restaurants. 

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 11:14:18 PM » Author: Lumex120
My house has a few fans I could post pictures of. When we first moved here the only fan was an old 52" hugger with stencil blades but it's motor stopped working a few years ago and so it got replaced. The other fans we added over the years, some came from Menard's, some Craigslist or trash/garage sales. I actually repainted a Craftmade brass 52" fan last year and re-did the light kit. there's pictures somewhere in my gallery, it looks nice and modern now. If anyone's interested I can post pics of the other fans and the stories behind each one.

Unofficial LG Discord

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 03:21:45 AM » Author: High Intensity
No ceiling fans here (my mother thinks they're 'tacky'), but i do have a 42" Sheng Yuan ceiling fan that in storage (gold motor with "wood" blades).
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #6 on: October 27, 2019, 03:21:13 PM » Author: Cole D.
In my bedroom, there's a white Fasco ceiling fan, which has 5 blades. I tried to put a picture, but it was too big.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #7 on: October 27, 2019, 04:27:06 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Over in this side of the pond, ceiling fans are not that common.
Certainly in more modern properties there just isn't the headroom for them, as ceiling heights tend to be about the 7 foot mark.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #8 on: October 27, 2019, 11:30:01 PM » Author: CEB1993
Here’s the Craftmade fan in my bedroom. This is original to the house, built in 2000. The fan is 3-speed with a 3-light kit. This fan still works nicely after nearly 20 years. It has developed a wobble at the high speed and I’ve had to go in and tighten some mounting screws and try to rebalance it. I have it on counter-clockwise for summer and for room cooling right now. I’ll switch it to clockwise for winter and cooler weather to see if it makes a difference with heating.

Stop the lamp bans!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 03:23:15 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Here’s mine

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 11:55:38 PM » Author: CEB1993
Here’s mine

Nice!  The walnut and brushed brass is a handsome combination. From my experience CFL’s do well in ceiling fan fixtures. I’m using some common Hungarian GE A15’s in my fan now.

Someone I know has a Casablanca Zephyr fan with a 4-light kit and a push button switch. It’s a 5 or 6 speed fan.  I’d like to find one of those nice fans of my own someday  :)

Stop the lamp bans!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 06:21:39 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Yes. I am a huge ceiling fan enthusiast. I have an Emerson Curva Sky in my room.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #12 on: January 17, 2021, 11:24:24 PM » Author: Econolite03
I used to be into ceiling fans a few years ago. Fans such as 80s Casablancas and Hunters. I lost interest over time though, due to lighting. However I do watch fan videos often.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies