Author Topic: The Current Wars  (Read 1812 times)
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

The Current Wars « on: October 31, 2019, 10:36:55 AM » Author: BT25
Went and saw this movie. Thought that it was very good, and shows the rivalry between Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse. As lighting and electric buffs, this is a movie that would probably appeal to members of LG. I'd recommend seeing it.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: The Current Wars « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 12:05:58 PM » Author: nogden
Good to know! I'd like to see it but it hasn't been in local theaters here yet.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: The Current Wars « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 12:33:32 PM » Author: Rommie
Rotten Tomatoes doesn't give it a very favourable review, but I'd need to see it for myself. No sign of it being shown anywhere here as yet, though.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: The Current Wars « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 08:51:17 PM » Author: BT25
Rotten Tomatoes doesn't give it a very favourable review, but I'd need to see it for myself. No sign of it being shown anywhere here as yet, though.

That all depends on ones criteria. Was it a very entertaining movie? That would depend on whether you like the electrical industry and/or also like history...I happen to like both, so I found it to be good. If people want it to be like Star Wars, they will be disappointed...just saying.

Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: The Current Wars « Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 10:13:06 PM » Author: Lumex120
I always take RT with a grain of salt. I have seen several movies that they rated rather poorly that I really enjoyed.

Unofficial LG Discord

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: The Current Wars « Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 09:16:25 AM » Author: BT25
RT?

Rotten Tomatoes

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies